Has anyone found a replacement for Mint?

Has anyone found a replacement for Mint?

Rental Property Investor 路 Washington State 路 Member since 2018 路 29 posts 路 15 votes

I was using Mint to track my personal finances, including real estate transactions and net worth, and found it really useful.  They shut it down and merged it over to Credit Karma, and it sucks.  I am trying to get things set up in 'wealthposition', and I don't think it's going to do what Mint did.  I found Mint valuable, so I'm not opposed to paying for a good platform.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  Thanks!

3Reply
153 views

Most Popular Reply

Josh St LaurentBusiness Member
Financial Advisor 路 Stateline, NV 路 Member since 2023 路 131 posts 路 122 votes
2y

Hey @Tyler Todhunter,

I too was an avid Mint user and because of the nature of my business needed to find a Mint replacement for not only myself but for clients.  My team and I have been testing a few options since January and the favorite by far has been Monarch Money.  We've been referring clients to use them, the prices are reasonable and the UX is intuitive.  If your advisor uses Monarch Money you can grant them temporary visibility and organizing privileges which can be helpful as well.  It feels like Quickbooks to me and is easy to use, categorize, and see trends over time.  Hope this helps.

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Josh St LaurentBusiness Member
    Financial Advisor 路 Stateline, NV 路 Member since 2023 路 131 posts 路 122 votes
    2y

    Hey @Tyler Todhunter,

    I too was an avid Mint user and because of the nature of my business needed to find a Mint replacement for not only myself but for clients.  My team and I have been testing a few options since January and the favorite by far has been Monarch Money.  We've been referring clients to use them, the prices are reasonable and the UX is intuitive.  If your advisor uses Monarch Money you can grant them temporary visibility and organizing privileges which can be helpful as well.  It feels like Quickbooks to me and is easy to use, categorize, and see trends over time.  Hope this helps.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Washington State 路 Member since 2018 路 29 posts 路 15 votes
    2y

    Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out!

  • Member since 2024 路 2 posts 路 1 vote
    2y

    Quicken Simplifi feels a lot like mint. The only thing I don't like is that it isn't free.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Washington State 路 Member since 2018 路 29 posts 路 15 votes
    2y

    I've made the switch to Monarch. I haven't dived too deep into it yet, but it seems like it may do the trick. One thing I haven't figured out yet is that it shows HELOC available credit as a balance (which you can set to be either positive or negative, either way is incorrect though). But, maybe that is just the way this particular lender integrates data...

  • Josh St LaurentBusiness Member
    Financial Advisor 路 Stateline, NV 路 Member since 2023 路 131 posts 路 122 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Tyler Todhunter:

    I've made the switch to Monarch. I haven't dived too deep into it yet, but it seems like it may do the trick. One thing I haven't figured out yet is that it shows HELOC available credit as a balance (which you can set to be either positive or negative, either way is incorrect though). But, maybe that is just the way this particular lender integrates data...


    I'm glad you're liking it so far, I've run into the same thing with clients where the HELOC sort of throws things off. Sometimes what we do is go to edit (In the accounts section with the HELOC selected) and under visibility hide it from net worth calculations. You can even hide it in the list entirely if it's not serving you for the purposes you use Monarch Money for. Hope this helps

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Washington State 路 Member since 2018 路 29 posts 路 15 votes
    2y

    Good call Josh, thanks!

  • Accountant 路 Birmingham, AL 路 Member since 2017 路 11 posts 路 7 votes
    2y

    I have helped some clients set up Tiller to track their real estate and personal finances. Tiller uses bank feeds to pull all of your bank and credit card transactions into Google sheets or Excel. It is not as easy and intuitive as Mint and Monarch, but I think the ability to customize it however you want is worth the trade-off (if you like spreadsheets 馃).

  • Investor 路 Rochester, NY 路 Member since 2016 路 576 posts 路 358 votes
    2y

    I use Empower (previously Personal Capital.) It pulls in all my mortgages and bank accounts and credit cards, retirement funds.

  • Investor 路 Chicago 路 Member since 2024 路 21 posts 路 11 votes
    8mo

    Mint got the job done with some extra manipulation. Empower didn鈥檛 handle my world.  I have two added wrinkles, a consulting business P&L, and reimbursed expenses associated with a W-2 job.  I need to be able label, bucket, exclude each of those from budgets.


    Reading the above I think I am going with Monarch. Wish me luck.

  • Accountant 路 Atlanta, GA 路 Member since 2026 路 4 posts 路 2 votes
    8mo

    I know this post is old, but I've recently started steering my clients towards Monarch Money. Very user friendly and works well!

    • Robert HoffmanBusiness Member
      Member since 2026 路 16 posts 路 7 votes
      7mo
      Quote from @Matthew Walz:

      I know this post is old, but I've recently started steering my clients towards Monarch Money. Very user friendly and works well!


       I have been using Monarch Money since Mint went away. It's pretty good, but my accounts always seem to disconnect. I wish Mint was never shut down, but Monarch does a decent job

      Breakaway Tax Advisors510 Reviews
  • Member since 2025 路 9 posts 路 4 votes
    8mo

    Mint was amazing till it lasted. After mint I have tried some tools that the bank provided and they all fell short.   I do have rental properties that I manage the finances of in additional to personal finance.  I found rentastic.io as a good tool that does similar to Mint and has very rental income specific features (more like business).  I think if you run your personal finance like business with P&L equivalents, you get better insights on where you can save.  Also Automatic transaction categorization etc are useful.  Take a look and share your thoughts, it is lot intuitive than quick books, but it is more property finance oriented.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.