Investment couple looking for local financial adviser

Investment couple looking for local financial adviser

Investor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hey there BP,

My wife and I have started investing in rental/investment properties, and are wondering how we can structure things to protect ourselves.  We are also preparing to start a contracting business, and are looking to have that as a separate entity as well.  Does anyone know of a financial adviser in the DC area that is familiar with real estate investors?  

Thanks!

Jeff

0Reply
8 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    9y

    I'd recommend getting in touch with @Brandon Hall. He is a CPA in the area that specializes in real estate.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    9y
    Jeff King - for setting up entities I would talk with Laughlin associates. They are based out west but set you up properly for your business.
    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Homeowner · Falls Church, VA · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 2 votes
    9y
    Hi Jeff, For a contracting company, depends if you are going to have multiple investors. If is a Sole priorship, a S corporation might be ideally for tax purposes. For Real state, I suggest to check out "The LLC Master Machine Asset Protection System". I went to a seminar recently and I was very pleased with their system. We already implemented it. Also, they have good tax strategies, that for a newbie like my self, is an eye opener. I hope that helps. Good luck
  • Investor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Awesome, thanks for the help!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.