I need help in the Louisville, Kentucky Area Please

I need help in the Louisville, Kentucky Area Please

Investor · Griffin, GA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 11 votes

Hello all, I'm in the Georgia area and my son is transferring with the Coast Guard to Louisville, KY next month. I am trying to help him find a decent clean area for him to live in. He is going to be renting an apartment there and is on a military budget so nothing class A. I'm looking for individuals who can help me with the area on letting me in the know of better cities in a 20 mile radius around Louisville into Indiana and possible recommendations for living. Thank you all in advance.

0Reply
47 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 4 votes
10y

I grew up in Southern Indiana and have always worked with people from Louisville.  As strange as it seems, people from Louisville will not go to Indiana except for work. If you som wants to have any sort of social life- with his co-workers or people he meets- he'll want to live in Louisville. Yes- it will cost more.  But, and I assume your son is in his 20's, avery venue for music, every restaraunt his group makes plans to go to, every bar- everything will be in Louisville.  Try hosting a cook out or having your buddies over to watch the big game- you'll be pulling teeth to get them to cross that bridge. I moved to Louisville from New Albany in 1981 and have NEVER regretted that move of ten miles. Remember the three most important things to remember in RE- Location, Location, Location. Plop down in the Highlands close to Bardstown Road and he will have plenty of friends.

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Clay SmithBusiness Member
    Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2013 · 419 posts · 244 votes
    10y

    Division Office - 3732 Utica Pike, Jeffersonville, Indiana 47130.  Is this where he will be working?

    LREI Property Management LLC4.6442 Reviews
  • Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2011 · 331 posts · 278 votes
    10y

    I don't know Indiana very well, but I can certainly give you decent info on Louisville.  @Clay Smith knows what he is talking about as well.  Feel free to reach contact me directly.

  • Contractor · Marietta, GA · Member since 2013 · 174 posts · 64 votes
    10y

    I believe this is @sharon vornholt farm area

  • Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2015 · 73 posts · 33 votes
    10y

    If he will indeed be working out of Jeffersonville, New Albany & Clarksville are neighboring little cities, also in IN.  I lived in New Albany for a time & my husband lived in Clarksville.  We both liked our little areas.

  • Real Estate Broker · Louisville, KY · Member since 2014 · 121 posts · 91 votes
    10y

    @Jason Fletcher You may want to look at the tool www.crimemapping.com in Jefferson County if you are concerned about safety, it relays the recent crimes and what types of crime they are. 

    Louisville absorbed the smaller "cities" into the Louisville Metro (like St. Matthews), but they still retain some of their rights, like mayors and other city functions. There are a lot of rentals, but they tend to go quickly and I have been told that the rent is expensive in comparison to other larger cities. It really depends on what he is looking for, a lot of people like the Highlands area as it has a lot of small shops, restaurants and bars. 

    The reason I mention all this is you can find a nice rental property in Louisville without having to go to a neighboring city. 

  • Clay SmithBusiness Member
    Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2013 · 419 posts · 244 votes
    10y

    We need to know

    • How much rent?
    • Bedrooms count?
    • House or apartmemt?
    • Pets?
    • 1 adult only?
    • How long? 1yr, 6mo, 2yr?
    • Any other needs?

    Rents range from 450 a 1 bedroom apartment up to 900 a 2 bedroom in better areas.

    Houses start around 650 to 1200.

    LREI Property Management LLC4.6442 Reviews
  • Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Hi Jason! Congratulations to your son on relocating to a great city. I currently have a nice 2 bdrm 1 ba home fresh off a complete renovation and ready to rent. Message me if you would like to obtain some additional information. - Eric 

  • Investor · Griffin, GA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    Thank you all for your replies. He will be stationed in Louisville and will consider anything within a 20-30 minute radial drive. That is why he was looking at all other surrounding cities too. The closer to work he can be is the better but will take a drive based on budget but not too cheap to where it is an unsafe area. To all that reached out for me to reach out to you, I will very soon. Thank you all again.

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2015 · 32 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    I have to second the Clarksville area. I lived there for several years . It is a nice area and an easy drive just across the river from Louisville. When I lived there about 6 years ago there was just one bridge to get across downtown so traffic could backup a bit during rush hour, but they just put in a second and should really alleviate that.

  • Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    I grew up in Southern Indiana and have always worked with people from Louisville.  As strange as it seems, people from Louisville will not go to Indiana except for work. If you som wants to have any sort of social life- with his co-workers or people he meets- he'll want to live in Louisville. Yes- it will cost more.  But, and I assume your son is in his 20's, avery venue for music, every restaraunt his group makes plans to go to, every bar- everything will be in Louisville.  Try hosting a cook out or having your buddies over to watch the big game- you'll be pulling teeth to get them to cross that bridge. I moved to Louisville from New Albany in 1981 and have NEVER regretted that move of ten miles. Remember the three most important things to remember in RE- Location, Location, Location. Plop down in the Highlands close to Bardstown Road and he will have plenty of friends.

  • Investor · Brandenburg, KY · Member since 2015 · 29 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    If he really wants to get in a small town atmosphere and is not to far from Louisville, he needs to look into Brandenburg Ky which is only 45mins outside of Louisville.  Or corydon IN which is about 30 mins out side of louisville.  Both are smaller cities and with a very low crime rate and good school district.

  • Chuck B.Pro Member
    Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2011 · 279 posts · 248 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed "Up to 900 for a two bedroom" - we'll need to revise our top estimates for rent with all the new stuff coming online.  Nice two bedroom apartments... $1,400+.  Whoa!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.