Votes
Joshua Biondi
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Any advice for tenant screening?

Joshua Biondi
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Aug 28 2017, 15:58
I am a newbie investor that is getting my first taste of property management as well. I purchased a duplex in February with inherited tenants and so far they have worked out well. However, I've recently gotten the opportunity to purchase a 20 unit apartment complex on a land contract from a family member. My question is, what is the best way to screen tenant applications? I was told to look into Fabco, and after reviewing the site I'm going to call them to make sure I even meet the requirements to obtain credit reports and qualify for a membership. I would like to be able to view tenants credit, rental, and criminal history if possible. Although, the property is in a C area, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to focus on credit scores all that much. Anyhow, I would love to hear any experience you all have with tenant screening and the application process. Has anyone on here had good or bad results using Fabco? Is there another method that would be more efficient? Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Loading replies...