• Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Managing rental Properties for father in law

Joshua D.
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted Aug 6 2019, 12:50

So my father in law came to me and my wife asking us to manage his rental properties which are around 15 of them. He saw we were doing are rental properties and liked how we handle them. Well im second guessing it now and wondering if i wanna mix family and business together. I met with his secretary about everything and everything really is messy. But he wants to pay me first months rent putting people in his properties and 10% for managing them. So trying to set it all up to manage his places. Is there a good way to do this? Hardest part is getting everything transferred over and getting tenants in place with the way we do things. I never thought about getting into the buy and hold business to manage other people properties. He's my father in law and hard to say no but having anxiety thinking about it all. He is a huge business man in the area and honestly the 15 properties he has is literally pocket change to him. He has so many businesses and stuff. Just not sure how to structure this and handle it all or if i should do it. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated? Alot to think about for me. 

Loading replies...