Argg!! Hate living in Section 8 low income housing, so many problems, but since I'm poor, Guess I have to suck up to it.
Since last week, I have a problem with my neighbor (who are also a tenant on section 8 housing like myself).
My neighbor is having over "Overnight guests" including an infant baby that cries on and off throughout the whole night.
Last night I called the police at 2am, police said they cannot do much on baby crying. Police and I talk to the neighbor, she said her "overnight guests" are staying with her until they find a house. She even give me attitude and dare me to go complaint to the manager.
Which I will on Monday, we live in Section 8 there are rules on having overnight guests over on certain amount of days. And her overnight guests baby is crying at night which effect my sleep.
Should I talk to the manager first? Or contact directly to the Housing Authorities?
Thanks.
And I believe that I should not be force to tollerate disruptive noise from "overnight guests" of a neighbor.
If the guests are Not authorize tenants in this housing complex, and they making noise, I think I should report them. Maybe contact HUD is better?
Thread closed.
The guests were 3 people. A father, a mother, and an infant baby.
Please don't stay in someone section 8 apartment. Please go to welfare and apply for welfare, since you are qualify with an BABY.
Unless you NOT have like a greencard or U.S citizenship.
Even if the father lost the job and looking for a place to stay. He can qualify for unemployment that is again if he have a greencard or U.S citizenship.
So anyone here is saying they have no where to go. Bring this to Court and see what the judge say in this situation.
Okay that makes perfect sense. Its harder for an intact family to get help. The system is designed to help single women which is why earlier in the thread you saw someone mentioned the unauthorized boyfriends living with these women.
Its not your job to police the building. If the only DIRECT problem you have with these guests is the crying baby then get some earplugs. The baby is probably sick /cold/hungry/lonely/etc and many first time parents dont know how to soothe a crying infant. Since you have so much free time why dont you offer to look after the baby. If the baby cries all night it sounds like the parents could use a break.
Welfare anyone can get as long as they are legal permanent resident here in USA or U.S citizenship.
Children under 18 and their parents can get Medical, and monthly welfare and foodstamp.
So this 3 people guests of 1 Mom, 1 Dad, 1 Infant baby can go now to Welfare and apply, just show Welfare they permanent resident here in USA or U.S citizenship.
Same apply to unemployment. Let say if the Dad lost his job, he can get unemployment up to 6 months here in state of California. That is if his job and employ in the U.S
Honestly, people here are high class people who are landlords, and not Vietnamese. You guys do not know how Vietnamese people are. I am Vietnamese, so I know. There are many Vietnamese who work under the table, meaning they work get pay in cash so they don't have to file tax. There are many Vietnamese who are getting fake married just so they can have a passport to USA. There are Vietnamese who lies to get Disabilities. All these happened before, and the U.S are aware of this, that is now why marriage laws are strict now, and even more strict to get into U.S citizenship.
These are real examples I saw in my Vietnamese community.
And this section 8 housing I live in, there are no White. Only Blacks, Hispanic and us Vietnamese.
Not saying these 3 people guests are like this. That is their confidential stuff. But really, they have an infant, go get welfare. Don't say they can't get welfare because they rich, if they rich they won't be staying with my neighbor until they can find a home.
Dyna, please read this:
Section 8 are free utilities, these 3 guests are on the daily basic use federal paying utilities. Anything happen to these 3 people while in this section 8 apartments, who is responsible? The government already help them pay the rent, why are they now have to help 3 other people here? What make you think the Housing Authorities don't have any rights into checking this situation? Especially now I have report, you think housing authorities would just pretend it never happend.
I will not help them. Because please read my above post about Welfare and Unemployment. If the Father is not employ, he can get help from unemloyment. If the Mother need money to find a place, she can go apply for welfare.
Unless they do not have permanent resident status and do not have U.S citizenship.
People with an infant baby are VERY easy to get welfare in California, as you know the state of California there many welfare people. So please go apply for that.
Its not your job to police the building. If the only DIRECT problem you have with these guests is the crying baby then get some earplugs. The baby is probably sick /cold/hungry/lonely/etc and many first time parents dont know how to soothe a crying infant. Since you have so much free time why dont you offer to look after the baby. If the baby cries all night it sounds like the parents could use a break.
For sure. Earplugs solve a lot of problems.
Or they could, like, get a job.. and pay taxes and pay for their own apartment instead of letting taxpayers give them free money for years and years.
Perhaps these people have a job and had their apartment burn down and/or flood and/or in the middle of repairs.
For someone who has let taxpayer's pay her rent for 15 years, it's surprising that you don't want to help the couple for a week or two. It's very sad you've lived there 15 years, and like I said, books like the one Rob mentioned could help you improve your life and not have to live there anymore.
We can only hope for welfare reform soon to lessen the rampant welfare abuses that happen all the time, including under the rug jobs and welfare babies. Why not report them too? If anyone should be reported, it's people doing such illegal actions.
And Jon, since you are so defensive of these 3 guest, Mom, Dad, Infant family. Maybe you can help answer some of my question in page 5.
I can guarantee you this 3 people can get welfare and unemployment if the father lost the job, and with this little baby saying they hungry and no place to stay is not a legit excuse, especially in this state of California welfare system will NEVER reject any infant baby for welfare unless they do not have permanent resident card or U.S citizenship.
So please go find welfare and unemployment office and apply, then you have money. Then baby won't cry because of hungry at night, Hahahaaha!! And you don't have to stay in someone section 8 apartment, Hahaha!
Eileen, I'm not counting the number of your posts, I'm thinking you have 59+ of the 109.
1. This is a REAL ESTATE INVESTOR site, not a Sec 8 and PHA tenant site for voicing complaints, there are other sites for that.
2. I see the thread`was moved.
3, You need to read the forum rules, you're so big on following rules, you do not just keep multiple posts, one after another. You should be allowing time for others to post to your last comment before getting off to something else. It just keeps bumping other posts.
4. We have a small awards type thing here for threads that reach 100, since you have stacked the deck so much I'd say it shouldn't apply, 59 out of 109 now.
5. There is very little if anything at all that you can tell a few of us who have posted here about Sec. 8 , a PHA or HUD. A PHA Commissioner is the boss to an Executive Director. Your ranting about a crying baby is the type of thing that hurts the Sec.8 program as you continue to demonstrate the type of tenants that landlords must suffer with! Thank goodness there are reasonable people in the Sec 8 program. Many here are considering using the Sec. 8 program and this thread is a poor reflection upon all the good tenants.
6. Lastly, out of 8,700 posts I have never felt it necessary to say such things.
Go read the rules and please abide by them.
If their apartment burn down, they will be given hotels to stay at, no need to go over someone else section 8 to shelter.
I know this because this happened before in my section, one apartment get burn because of Christmas lights, and the family get to go live in hotel for free.
And how do you know it 1-2 weeks? The neighbor never give an definate answer to how long they be staying. She say they will be with her until they find a house.
And if they do work, it so surprise that all 3 of them do not have any saving money at all to rent a hotel instead of come into someone else section 8 apartment.
It is indeed things like this that give section 8 a bad name, both complaints about babies and living off section 8 for many, many years. I support temporary emergency welfare for those who truly need it. I don't, however, support paying for a person's housing, food, and more for their entire life-- unless they are a truly 100% disabled person unable to care for themselves in any way, and/or a very wounded veteran and/or truly terminally ill.
It's a shame that the people who truly need temporary help don't get it, while others take advantage of the system for many years, even those someone mentioned getting paid cash under the rug. This whole thing amazes me.
Oh? This is real investor site, then my bad for posting here. I thought it was Landlord-Renter site.
But I was just reply answering to Jon replies. I was not talking to myself, someone debate with me, I debate back.
And sure, take this to off topic if the admin wants.
I have multiple posts behind one another because I don't know where is the EDIT button? Can you show me?
And where is the quote button, I also cannot find.
All I see on my side is buttons say: New Topic, Quick Reply and Advance Reply.
The neighbor doesn't owe you an explanation. Should she have been straightforward with the landlord/property manager? Yes. She should have asked permission to help out this family. Her not following procedure does not make you a victim. What would you have done if they were authorized? Yep. You would have bought some earplugs.
Eileen its obvious that you like to write. Why dont you take some online classes and vent your mental energy in a more positive manner.
I'll thank them too when its locked and dead.
Currently at 66 posts of nothing.
Dyna, how do you know they are first time parents? I saw them so I know their age, do you know their age? What make you think you can lable them as first time parents and teach me what I should do?
What make you think the section 8 have to allow someone who does not live here to stay here have shelter? This is 3 people OK.
Section 8 are free utilities, these 3 guests are on the daily basic use federal paying utilities. Anything happen to these 3 people while in this section 8 apartments, who is responsible? The government already help them pay the rent, why are they now have to help 3 other people here?
You want to pay for their daily utilities? You want to be responsible if anything happened to these 3 guests? Then please welcome them to your property.
And please, don't pretend you know the welfare rules and say this baby is HUNGRY. Here in California, any infant baby can get welfare. Unless I say, their parents are not Permanent residents here or are not U.S citizenship.
And I am not going anywhere. If anyone want to debate this, I can debate with them. And if I did violate any rules, feel free to go report me to the site admin.
Darn, how to Quote.
Yup, you right, they don't own me any damn explaination. And I don't own them any damn allowing them have unauthorize guests in their home and not report.
I have already report. And if the neighbor cannot prove to the Housing Authorities of these 3 guests current address, that means the neighbor giving them shelter. And that is violated section 8 lease, and you open your damn eye wide see who will get in trouble, me or the damn neighbor with their 2 adult and 1 infant guests.
What would I have done if they authorize, then my report won't be legit, and if my complain are not legit, the housing authorities will just ignore me.
But too bad, they are UNAUTHORIZE, and my complaint and legit and now the authorities are giving them time to show prove and give authorities explaination to why they did NOT report her 3 guests in the first place.
You want to pay for their daily utilities? You want to be responsible if anything happened to these 3 guests? Then please welcome them to your property.
You can't be serious. You dont even pay for your own utilities and you are worried about them using somebody else's?
You want to pay for their daily utilities? You want to be responsible if anything happened to these 3 guests? Then please welcome them to your property.
You can't be serious. You dont even pay for your own utilities and you are worried about them using somebody else's?
I was trying not to comment, but this post just made me laugh. Amazing, isn't it, Dyna?
I'm serious, And Yup you damn right, I worried about them use the FEDERAL government section 8 utilities, especially if they not residents here.
And Dyna, you lost. Becasue the 3 guests, Mom, Dad and Baby are not here overnight anymore. I don't hear baby cry anymore at night.
Now I just wait time to see how housing authorities deal with this. Again, open your eye big and see who will be in trouble with the government once they cannot prove these 3 guests current address. If they have no address and is staying shelter in her apartment, section 8 will go after them.
So open your eyes wide and see who will be in trouble OK, someone who complaint like me, or my neighbor.
Oh section 8 authorities HUD guidlines give them number of days to show their PROOF that these 3 people are "Guests" there and not "Unauthorize occupant"
And once they cannot prove that,
And let see, what worst is IF these 3 guest are newly immigrant people that just come from Vietnam and not U.S citizen yet or are not permanent residents here in USA, then the neighbor even get more in trouble.
But I think they are, I hope they are U.S citizen too so they can go to welfare right now and get money for that infant baby, HAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!