Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
5y
You can call a tow company and pay for removal. They will go through the process of filing for a lost title and then selling the truck. That's the easiest option.
Second option is to secure the vehicle so the owner doesn't come back and take it. Then contact the Department of Transportation and ask them about filing for Title of an abandoned vehicle. They'll give you instructions and the forms. In my state, I did this for a motorcycle and it cost me about $100 and a month of time.
It all depends on what the vehicle is worth. If it's less than $500 then I recommend just having it towed and get it over with.
Research local private party impound laws. Put a notice on the car that says, remove from private property or it will be towed. Let the required amount of time go by. Call a local tow company and have it removed.
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
5y
You can call a tow company and pay for removal. They will go through the process of filing for a lost title and then selling the truck. That's the easiest option.
Second option is to secure the vehicle so the owner doesn't come back and take it. Then contact the Department of Transportation and ask them about filing for Title of an abandoned vehicle. They'll give you instructions and the forms. In my state, I did this for a motorcycle and it cost me about $100 and a month of time.
It all depends on what the vehicle is worth. If it's less than $500 then I recommend just having it towed and get it over with.
Chicago, IL · Member since 2020 · 184 posts · 182 votes
5y
If I could get it to the street I might report the vehicle abandoned to the city. They will take it from there (after a week of notices or whatever) for free.