NYC Meetup June 17, 2014 With BP Legend Will Barnard

NYC Meetup June 17, 2014 With BP Legend Will Barnard

This event is brought to you by:Brighton Bank

When:

Where:Pranna Restaurant- 79 Madison Ave at 28th Street in Manhattan

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. There may be pitching of products, services or properties at this event!

Darren SagerPro Member
Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Hello fellow BP members in the North East!I am pleased to announce that we have a very special guest attending our Meetup in Manhattan this June 17, 2014: BP Legend @Will Barnard .

Will is flying out from California just to be with us and so don't miss this event! He has experience in buy and hold, development, notes, luxury flips, and much, much more. He's been an active member on BiggerPockets for more than 6 years and has posted more than 11,000 times! He created the term many of us use "BP Nation" and actively helps out the members of BP with his knowledge and experience. We are truly honored to have him with us. Will is going to speak to the group and as usual our perk for Pro Members of BP will get some more intimate time with Will in a smaller group setting on a first come first serve basis (see below for details). If you don't know Will Barnard you should. Check out Podcast 32 here on BiggerPockets as well as Will's website http://www.barnardenterprises.com/.

We'll be back at Pranna Restaurant on June 17th this time on the second floor. Pranna is located at 79 Madison Ave (at 28th Street) in Manhattan. Just as before we'll start at 6:30 and go to at least 10pm. The Meetup is free for all members of BiggerPockets. There is no dress code. Come as you feel most comfortable to network. Again around 9pm we should have a very special announcement about our next meeting in July. This event is our first with sponsorship. Hors D'ouvres and our meeting space is being graciously provided by NorthStar Funding in Hoboken, NJ. Expect to hear a few words from our sponsor.

Even if you're brand new to BiggerPockets, a first time investor or a seasoned Pro, money lender or contractor, wholesaler or business professional, be sure to be there and meet other members and those interested in Real Estate investing from the NYC metro area (and beyond) which includes Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island, Westchester, Putnam and Orange County, Fairfield County CT, and Northern NJ. If you happen to live in Boston, Hartford, Springfield, Providence, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C. you should try to make it. All members from New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Maryland and Pennsylvania,it will be worth you driving in for the event.

SPACE WILL BE LIMITED! You must post that you'll be attending or there could be a chance that you might not be able to get in. If you're a Pro member of BP you'll need to RSVP to me directly for the extra time with Will. This is on a first come first serve basis! If you're not a Pro member of BiggerPockets you can do so by clicking this link. Thanks all and I look forward to seeing everyone there!

10Reply
504 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2014 · 41 posts · 26 votes
12y

Awesome awesome awesome event tonight!! By far the best BP meet-up I've attended.

Thank You @Will Barnard for coming to New York!!! Thanks @Darren Sager & team for all your efforts in organizing the event!!

Some golden nuggets from today's show

  • NEVER ever ever ever overpay for the property
  • Having access to capital is more important than cost of capital
  • Always double-check your estimates.
  • There is risk in everything you do. Always try to mitigate risks.
  • The best way to learn is to get in the game.
  • Get a partner if you have to. Making 25% of something is better than making 100% of nothing.
  • Identifying and adapting to the changing market conditions is what really helped Will's business take-off.

Really looking forward to the July meet-up with @J Scott 

See this reply in the discussion

171 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Manhattan, NY · Member since 2013 · 90 posts · 27 votes
    12y

    @Darren Sager I'm there!

  • Real Estate Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2013 · 120 posts · 14 votes
    12y

    Thanks @Darren Sager I'll Definitely be there. Loved @Will Barnard in the podcast & eager to learn from the info he'll be sharing with us.

  • Property Manager · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2013 · 66 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    I'll be there as well Darren and Will.

  • Inspector · Freeport, NY · Member since 2013 · 136 posts · 36 votes
    12y

    @Darren Sager I have put this in my calender and plan on attending. Thanks

  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 93 posts · 23 votes
    12y

    I will see you all there.., thank you

  • Investor and Architect · Ramsey, NJ · Member since 2010 · 305 posts · 84 votes
    12y

    Yes I will be there

    -Larry

  • Real Estate Agent · Cranford, NJ · Member since 2011 · 149 posts · 54 votes
    12y

    I'm doing everything I can with my work schedule to make this one! What a great meeting you have arranged @Darren Sager ! Looking forward to meeting you @Will Barnard !

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2012 · 25 posts · 8 votes
    12y

    Im in! Thanks for organizing this.

  • Rental Property Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2012 · 30 posts · 8 votes
    12y

    I'll be there.

  • Real Estate Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 13 posts · 14 votes
    12y

    Thanks Darren for setting this up.

    I will definitely be there.

    Caesar Nguyen.

  • Rental Property Investor · Washington, NJ (07882) · Member since 2013 · 85 posts · 20 votes
    12y
    Count me in Darren!
  • Real Estate Investor · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2014 · 67 posts · 14 votes
    12y

    @Darren Sager I will be there thank you.

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    I would like to attend this event.

  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 18k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    12y

    Will Bernard! The castle guy!?!?!? :-)

    Can't commit 100%, but going to do my best to make it up there...

  • Kansas City MO · Member since 2014 · 357 posts · 349 votes
    12y

    Thanks will stop by

  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    Looking forward to a great night!

  • Orange, NJ · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    Thanks Darren, I will be attending

  • Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2014 · 15 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    Hi @Darren Sager I plan on attending this event and look forward to meeting some new people.

  • Real Estate Investor · Monsey, NY · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    Is there still spot available? I would love to attend from Rockland County!

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    12y

    Thank you all for the @ mentions , I too am looking forward to meeting you all. Time is flying and the event is coming near!

  • Investor · charlotte, NC · Member since 2012 · 121 posts · 21 votes
    12y

    @Darren Sager ..I'll be there .. Went pro just for this

  • Englishtown, NJ · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 1 vote
    12y

    Count me in..

  • Carl E. MullinPro Member
    Bronx, NY · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    I will be there!

  • Baldwin, NY · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 1 vote
    12y

    i will be attending.

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    I will be there

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.