Sacramento MeetUP Aug 28th - Sound Good?

Sacramento MeetUP Aug 28th - Sound Good?

When:

Where:River City Brewery

Cost:$10

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Time to huddle again. Let's meet at the River City Brewery again. Please give me some feed back.

How about

Thursday, August 28, 2014 from 6pm to 8pm.

Sound like a plan?

1Reply
108 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler · Greater Sacramento Area, CA · Member since 2013 · 21 posts · 1 vote
12y

I would like to go! Wednesday or Thursday I can go either day. I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys!

See this reply in the discussion

53 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Yes, I'm good for $10  bucks. I plan to be there.

  • Real Estate Agent · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2013 · 62 posts · 15 votes
    12y
    David Hutson I'll try my best to be there. Work has been a bit hectic and I don't know if I'll get off work on time.
  • Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2014 · 308 posts · 94 votes
    12y

    I will not be able to attend.

    I am still on baby watch as my wife is due any day now, today was the offical due date, and the baby hasn't made an appearance yet.  I hope the MeetUp goes well.

  • Chico, CA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Count me in - will PM you. Totally new to this, but something I've been interested in for years and have many [affordable] local contacts who can help with rehab work. Looking to jump in!

    Tim

  • Davis, CA · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    I will be there. Looking forward to it!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Keep these meetups going/growing! They've been so valuable for me in the Bay. Hopefully for all of you too.. @Alan Malicse , I've met a few of these folks, and talked quite a bit to @Al Williamson . I'll be working with him on a project coming up. Great guy! Have fun at the meetup!

    I'll be holding a "sister meetup" in Philadelphia tomorrow night, since I'm here for work. So Sac will be in our thoughts! Hope to catch you all next time..

  • Real Estate Agent · Sacramento/Placer ~ San Francisco Bay Area counties · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 743 votes
    12y

    Yes more than likely I'll be there. But there's another post regarding this Thursday's meet-up that interested investor's should be aware of.

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 404 posts · 421 votes
    12y

    I posted a message in the other thread.  I am tracking this one now.

  • Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    All, let me state the obvious.

    Someone has to stick their neck out to pay for the room. If you can't make the event. please contribute to defray the risk of loss. That's how we can make this event sustainable.

    Turns out I'm working nights this week in Grass Valley. I'm going to do my best to make an appearance, but regardless, I'm going to send in my $10. I encourage all other supporters to do the same.

    Let's  build momentum, ya'll.

  • Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2012 · 289 posts · 151 votes
    12y

    I will attend, although I may be late. A work function was suddenly scheduled to take place till 6:00 in Roseville.

  • Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2013 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    I have back-to-school night on Thursday so I'll be there from 5:30 - 6 in hopes of meeting any early birds....and I'll have my $10!

    Thanks for pulling this together.

  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    12y

    Uh-oh!  Being out on this side of the state, I'm gonna try and wrangle my way out of here on Thursday to see if I can make it, and then back to the 831 for another meet up on friday?  At least I don't have to be in Philly during the summer.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 404 posts · 421 votes
    12y

    Evening all,

    I will try to be there at 5:30 for those who cannot stay or chat a little prior but it will be difficult because of work.

    I'll have nametags and markers available. I am not good at remembering names and it will help everyone else.

    I'll order some snacks as soon as I get there as many of you have stated you will attend. Drinks will be on your own so try to grab one before 6pm.

    Parking will be a pain so I recommend you park underground off of J Street between 4th and 5th. The restaurant will validate the parking if you bring the ticket up.

    I'll have a sign in roster for those who wish to check in and provide an email. We can discuss it at the meeting. It is not required to sign in or provide any information. I see it as a means to send info within the group who wants to put out things such as spreadsheets or files that are investing related.

    I have only had one person provide topics they want to discuss. If anyone else has anything they want to learn/discuss/teach then bring it up on here.

    See all of you on Thursday, David

  • Sacramento, CA · Member since 2013 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    12y
    I look forward to seeing everyone there
  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    12y

    I'll truck out of Modesto area around 4:30 so traffic willing I'll be there early.  If traffic is a pain, hopefully I'll get there at 6pm!  

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 404 posts · 421 votes
    12y

    @Troy Fisher 

      See you there. Definitely will have traffic.

    Everyone else, please see my previous message about parking.  There is significant construction in progress in that specific area. 

  • Investor · Mclean, VA - Virginia · Member since 2013 · 43 posts · 8 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @David Hutson:

    Evening all,

    I will try to be there at 5:30 for those who cannot stay or chat a little prior but it will be difficult because of work.

    I'll have nametags and markers available. I am not good at remembering names and it will help everyone else.

    I'll order some snacks as soon as I get there as many of you have stated you will attend. Drinks will be on your own so try to grab one before 6pm.

    Parking will be a pain so I recommend you park underground off of J Street between 4th and 5th. The restaurant will validate the parking if you bring the ticket up.

    I'll have a sign in roster for those who wish to check in and provide an email. We can discuss it at the meeting. It is not required to sign in or provide any information. I see it as a means to send info within the group who wants to put out things such as spreadsheets or files that are investing related.

    I have only had one person provide topics they want to discuss. If anyone else has anything they want to learn/discuss/teach then bring it up on here.

    See all of you on Thursday, David

    @David Hutson  Is the parking off J Street between 4th and 5th available?  It's not closed off due to construction?  Thanks.

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 404 posts · 421 votes
    12y

    The restaurant told me that the parking off J street between 4th and 5th is open.  That is where they park.  It's the parking further down J street that is closed.

    Take the parking ticket up to the restaurant for validation.

  • Investor · Mclean, VA - Virginia · Member since 2013 · 43 posts · 8 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @David Hutson:

    The restaurant told me that the parking off J street between 4th and 5th is open.  That is where they park.  It's the parking further down J street that is closed.

    Take the parking ticket up to the restaurant for validation.

     Sounds good, thanks!  See everyone there, hopefully I won't get lost haha.

  • Real Estate Agent · Hercules, CA · Member since 2013 · 39 posts · 18 votes
    12y

    Unfortunately, I'm tied up with some family obligations that I don't think I can get out of anytime soon... I'll have to check back on the next meet next month! Enjoy everyone!

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 404 posts · 421 votes
    12y

    @Alan Malicse 

    Got it.  You will miss a lot of good discussion but we'll see you next time.

  • Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Hope ya'll are having a good time.

    I lost my Father-in-Law yesterday, so I'm busy handling family matters.

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 404 posts · 421 votes
    12y

    @Al Williamson 

    Sorry for your loss.  Hope to see you at the next event.

    We had a great event tonight.  It was good to see/meet everyone who attended.  We spent three hours discussing real estate throughout the country.  We had new, soon to be investors through people who have completed many deals.  It was pretty evenly split throughout the group.

    We discussed everything from where to invest, the local market through insurance.  This was definitely worth taking some time out of the schedule to meet with all of you.  I hope everyone got something out of tonight and didn't find it a waste of time.

    I want to thank those who stayed after to mentor those with less experience.  I walked around after the meeting and listened in on the four groups of people discussing different strategies and types of investing.  Each group had a person or two sitting with someone less experienced discussing ways to get started or improve on what they are currently doing.  That was awesome to see.

    I look forward to meeting with everyone again in a few months, before the holidays.  If anyone has any questions feel free to message me or ask here for all to see.

    Again, thank you to all who attended and made tonight a worthwhile event.

  • Investor · Mclean, VA - Virginia · Member since 2013 · 43 posts · 8 votes
    12y

    @David Hutson 

    Thanks for hosting the meeting.  It was great seeing and meeting everyone there.  I had a good time.  Thanks again!

  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    12y

    Wow!  I'm pretty impressed with the people attending.  Great job @David Hutson !  Great group you've got going!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.