PacificNW Real Estate Meetup - Eastside Edition - Sept 4th

15 Replies

• 09/04/15 07:00PM
  • Bellevue, Washington
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

September is almost here, which means it's time for another Eastside Edition of the PacificNW Real Estate Meetup, where we bring online interactions into the real world. Let's get together for Dinner, Drinks and Deals!

Like last time, please head over tohttp://www.meetup.com/PacificNWRealEstate/ and register, seating is limited. This month we are back in Bellevue, conveniently right off 520 in Bellevue, parking can be difficult so plan on getting there early.

Our attendees appreciate our facilitated Introductions which lead to great conversations that everyone gets into! If you want to meet one of the Greater Seattle Locals face to face, here's your chance!

Keywords: Eastside, Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Issaquah, Renton, Snoqualmie, Everett, Snohomish, Duvall, and all of Washington 

@Julian Buick , @Gary Turner , @Jeff Jordan , @Nathan M. , @Allan Leal , @Stephen Lane , @Aubrey Leon Guerrero , @Vu Dinh , @Jared Dodson , @Hao Kung , @Aaron Crossley , @Yinan Q. , @Marcus Bircher , @Lawrence Eddy, @Adrian Chu , @Manny Nichols , @Tyler Racher , @Melissa Melia , @Walter W. , @Sean Andersen  @Kweku Ako-adjei ,

@Jan Wanot , @Tiffany Kung , @Glen Gaidos , @Dan Cumberland , @Maxim Bovykin , @Hoda Jafarzadeh , @Kathleen Wilcox , @Min Qiu ,@Khanh Nguyen , @David Salfer , @Troy Whitney , @Inderpal Chadha , @Tarl Yarber , @Dustin Little , @Dee Miles , @Nghi Le , @Steven Rasovsky, @Brian Fouts , @Paul Weller , @Zach Schwarzmiller , @Natalie Kolodij , @Thomas Coburn , @Kharhak Singh , @Lori Valene , @Joe Kooner , @Ruth Bayang , @Noel Villarreal , @Account Closed ,

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING YOUR APPETITE AND THIRST FOR DELICIOUS FOOD AND DRINKS!!! They do have a minimum purchase and it was painful watching Troy pay out of his own pocket last time for a meeting that was free for everyone else to attend! 

-AA 

Can't wait, I might be a +1.

Originally posted by @Aaron Ramm :

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING YOUR APPETITE AND THIRST FOR DELICIOUS FOOD AND DRINKS!!! They do have a minimum purchase and it was painful watching Troy pay out of his own pocket last time for a meeting that was free for everyone else to attend! 

-AA 

Yah, they are being difficult. I'm going to have to spend some time trying to locate a couple new locations next time (there's no Ram on the Eastside)

Originally posted by @Troy Fisher :
Originally posted by @Aaron Ramm:

-AA 

Yah, they are being difficult. I'm going to have to spend some time trying to locate a couple new locations next time (there's no Ram on the Eastside)

I don't think it's a matter of being "difficult", they have a good meeting room facility we get to use for free if everyone eats and drinks while they're there!  I would rather pay for good quality food, drinks, service and have good meeting room facilities versus having no minimum purchase and poor facilities with poor service.

-AA

Wish I could make it, have a wedding to attend. Thanks for the invite/tag @Julian Buick

I'm in, let's try to have the same sort of success that the South Sound meetup has had!

Great event!  Thanks @Troy Fisher for hosting another great event last night.  It was good to meet all the new faces and people I have connected with here on BP in person.  Keep up the fantastic work!

Here's a wrapup of the meetup:

I can't believe we had such a HUGE turnout on the Friday of Labor Day!  You guys are absolutely awesome.  @Tiffany Plovie , @Kevin Carbon , and myself really believe in bringing this online community offline to make the connections that we all need to make our Real Estate Investing rise to the next level, and hearing about the success that we are seeing in the last 4 months blew my mind.  And the fact that when I checked out at 11:30 to head home, there were still a handful of people sitting in the parking lot, talking deals!

Because @Julian Buick  Buick reminded me about the power of the meeting wrapups, here we go:

@Brian Fouts - A lender, turnkey guy who is working a lot of Real Estate Angles, I eased into a couple of his conversations, and he's got a ton of different niches that he has conquered!

@Melissa Melia - Our boutique land lady, if you want to know about rentals in the north end, and how to get $1400 for a 400sqft place, she's the one to know!  I'm still baffled at that!

@Inderpal Chadha - first time out to one of our meetups, he's got some buy and holds in the area, and is looking to keep it up!  I'm sure he'd be happy for some of those wholesalers to bring him the property!

@Blair Young - We haven't connected on BP but glad to see you at your first meetup, hopefully you walked away with an amazing message about the power of our meetups and the power of networking.

Julian - I already mentioned you above, but man what a heartfelt story of success!  Its hard for me to accept gratitude, because all I've done is bring people together, and had some beers.  Keep it up, We'll have to have some drinks in Spokane sometime!

@Jeff Jordan -- Talking about the risk of partnerships, and the troubles that you can get into!  It is great to hear about both sides, the victories and triumphs that we hear, about but also the struggles that can happen.  I'm sure we all look forward to hearing about what happens next time.

@Tarl Yarber - Did you bring your whole team or what?  I think it's great that you brought all these people out to our meetup and shared with everyone what you guys are doing and how once you build a team, life gets pretty awesome!

@Glen John, and @Jennifer - We haven't connected on BP yet, but we made sure you guys met the right lady to really learn how to have success in Real Estate and Wholesaling, hopefully you set up a time to meet with Lori, and will pick her brain.

@Lori Valene - Miss Superstar!  You bring your magic fairy dust with you where ever you go and spread smiles and friendship, but most important you bring deals!  which is why we love you!

Tiffany - Always awesome to hear your take on the real estate market and the clients that you work with, their ideas and thoughts and how you can help us all learn by listening to the deals you get to participate in.  

@Aaron Ramm --  Double the A 10x the Ron! Coming out swinging with a huge flip in Ballard!  There you go!  I've heard about it, and every time I hear a little bit more, proof positive right here, that anyone can do this, if you have the mindset, and mentality to just get 'er done.

@Khanh Nguyen -- It was awesome to see you again!  And this time, you had to stand up and tell us about your killer deals!  Flipping Seattle, I think we should put a camera crew on you guys and tell the real story! Also, sorry they didn't have tater-tots.

@Melanie Mindy -- Another New member to our group!  Looking to do flips and being a wholesaler!  I hope hearing the success of our group inspired you and helps you get crack-a-lacking!

@Enrique Jevons - Proof positive, that you can find cashflow on the other side of the mountains!  What wealth of knowledge, and skill!  If you are looking for someone to manage your properties in King County, I'd talk to this guy. 

@Nadia - Taking that bold step to become an Agent!  I hope you got something out of talking to our other agents in the room and have a better picture of the power of Real Estate, and what working with the right people can do to your career!

@Dianna Salinas -- You are killing it with the Keywords, and inviting everyone to our Meetups!  Making deals and lending money!  Awesome work!  Thanks for being part of the family.

I know I missed some people, but everyone chime in and say hey, leave a comment here so we can all get a little more connected, and look forward to our meetup in Seattle at the end of the month, if we don't see each other before then!

What a great Job you've done with this meetup @Troy Fisher !  The vision you have expressed since the first meetup has become a reality and continues to grow!  

Your write-ups on this post are quite thoughtful and I commend you for your hard work, time, financial contribution (hopefully it didn't cost you money this time to host this meetup), and personal involvement with the meetup and follow through with all who attended.  It's quite above and beyond anything I've ever seen anyone do with any networking or meeting group and that includes people who are paid to do it!

There are quite a few people I met that I don't think are on BP, so I've reached out to them via email to join this community as well.

I enjoyed talking to the regulars, talking to regulars I haven't had the chance to talk to at past meetups (the time goes so fast!) meeting new people, and I look forward to talking to those I didn't get a chance to talk to yet!  It was an awesome meetup with an awesome group, I'm excited for the next one!  

Thanks again Troy and Tiffany!

-AA

@Troy Fisher unfortunate I had to work and could not attend the meet-up!  Thank  you for  recapping it.  By the sounds of the recap I missed a great meeting!  Looking forward to the next one.   

It was a very good meeting, thank you for putting it together, looking forward to the next one.  

Originally posted by @Troy Fisher:

Keywords: Eastside, Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Issaquah, Renton, Snoqualmie, Everett, Snohomish, Duvall, and all of Washington 

@Julian Buick , @Gary Turner , @Jeff Jordan , @Nathan M. , @Allan Leal , @Stephen Lane , @Aubrey Leon Guerrero , @Vu Dinh , @Jared Dodson , @Hao Kung , @Aaron Crossley , @Yinan Q. , @Marcus Bircher , @Lawrence Eddy, @Adrian Chu , @Manny Nichols , @Tyler Racher , @Melissa Melia , @Walter W. , @Sean Andersen  @Kweku Ako-adjei ,

@Jan Wanot , @Tiffany Kung , @Glen Gaidos , @Dan Cumberland , @Maxim Bovykin , @Hoda Jafarzadeh , @Kathleen Wilcox , @Min Qiu ,@Khanh Nguyen , @David Salfer , @Troy Whitney , @Inderpal Chadha , @Tarl Yarber , @Dustin Little , @Dee Miles , @Nghi Le , @Steven Rasovsky, @Brian Fouts , @Paul Weller , @Zach Schwarzmiller , @Natalie Kolodij , @Thomas Coburn , @Kharhak Singh , @Lori Valene , @Joe Kooner , @Ruth Bayang , @Noel Villarreal , @Account Closed ,

Hey Guys, check out the Seattle Meetup Next Week: 

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/233614-pacific-nw-meetup--seattle-edition

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here