Phoenix Area Happy Hour Meetup

Phoenix Area Happy Hour Meetup

When:

Where:Bar Louie Tempe - 2000 E Rio Salado Pkwy #1220, Tempe, AZ 85281

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2013 · 167 posts · 127 votes

Mark your calendars for the next happy hour! I would like to try a Thursday to see how it works for everyone's schedule. Any feedback is appreciated.  Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

keywords - social event meet up tempe scottsdale arizona az networking

2Reply
31 views

Most Popular Reply

J. MartinPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
10y

@Michael ha

@Michael Hackerundefined,

Hopefully I'm not stepping on any toes here, but I'm in Phoenix this week (but not next week), and wanted to invite a few local investors out for a beer - maybe THIS Thursday ALSO 5/19/16 - if they don't mind having a beer and talking about RE twice in 2 weeks!

Would you be up for coming out to chat this week also Michael? Or a day that works better for you this week also? @Herwin G., @Dick Rosen, @Andres Rossini, @Joshua Hill, @Billy Bell @Serge S., have a beer this Thursday, 5/19, also? (not in place of Michael's meeetup)

I invest in the San Francisco Bay Area, and have a meetup group there. But I'm traveling around the country and wanted to exchange war stories with some Southwest investors. I was hiking over by the ASU campus where they have Microsoft, Zenefits, KPMG, etc in what looks like a bunch of large single-tenant office buildings, with the ASU university in the background (lots of international students I hear), and a large hospital just below that.

Looks like a potential furnished rental goldmine!! Tech companies, international students, traveling nurses. There's even some inexpensive duplexes and 4plexes nearby (relatively speaking to Bay and potential furnished rents lol). And a couple condos that aren't too crazy, although I'm generally not a fan of condos..

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2015 · 80 posts · 10 votes
    10y
    I'm in for it!!
  • Property Manager · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    I'll be there, see ya then!

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    Looking forward to it

  • Dick RosenPro Member
    Property Manager · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 451 votes
    10y

    My wife and I are planning on it!

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2014 · 22 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    Planning on joining (+1, Sonia). Looking forward to reconnecting!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Michael ha

    @Michael Hackerundefined,

    Hopefully I'm not stepping on any toes here, but I'm in Phoenix this week (but not next week), and wanted to invite a few local investors out for a beer - maybe THIS Thursday ALSO 5/19/16 - if they don't mind having a beer and talking about RE twice in 2 weeks!

    Would you be up for coming out to chat this week also Michael? Or a day that works better for you this week also? @Herwin G., @Dick Rosen, @Andres Rossini, @Joshua Hill, @Billy Bell @Serge S., have a beer this Thursday, 5/19, also? (not in place of Michael's meeetup)

    I invest in the San Francisco Bay Area, and have a meetup group there. But I'm traveling around the country and wanted to exchange war stories with some Southwest investors. I was hiking over by the ASU campus where they have Microsoft, Zenefits, KPMG, etc in what looks like a bunch of large single-tenant office buildings, with the ASU university in the background (lots of international students I hear), and a large hospital just below that.

    Looks like a potential furnished rental goldmine!! Tech companies, international students, traveling nurses. There's even some inexpensive duplexes and 4plexes nearby (relatively speaking to Bay and potential furnished rents lol). And a couple condos that aren't too crazy, although I'm generally not a fan of condos..

  • Queen Creek, AZ · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    I'm in!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2015 · 80 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    @J. Martin I'm in for it.

  • Danville, CA · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    @J. Martin my husband and I are interested.  Where will you meet up?

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    ***MEETUP FOR THIS WED, 5/18 @ 5PM in Tempe. RSVP here so we don't interrupt this thread:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/31...

    A big thanks to @Michael Hacker for letting me jump in with a Phoenix meetup before his event next week (would have gone to that instead if I was still in town!) And glad you can make it out!!

    @Billy Bell and @Robin Gai, please see the link above to RSVP. I don't want to clog up Mike's thread here.. 

    @Bob E., @Herwin G., @Dick Rosen, @Andres Rossini, @Joshua Hill, if you all can also make it out this Wed, would love to chat! Please see the link a few lines up in this post and RSVP there if you are also interested in coming out this Wed, 5/18. 

    Should be a good time! :)

  • Queen Creek, AZ · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Can't make it Wednesday, I am traveling that day.  

    @J. Martin 

  • Queen Creek, AZ · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y
  • Financial Consultant · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2009 · 114 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    Do a webinar for those that cant attend

  • Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 208 posts · 76 votes
    10y

    I'm in, see you all there :)

  • Tracy RoycePro Member
    Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2012 · 172 posts · 34 votes
    10y

    going to try to make it!

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2013 · 167 posts · 127 votes
    10y

    @Robert Lorenz and @Tracy Royce - looking forward to meeting you both, hope you can make it.  Thank you to everyone for the heads up.  Should be a lot of fun and a great way to start Memorial Day Weekend early -

  • New to Real Estate · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    @Michael Hacker I'm looking forward to attending and networking with everyone. 

    I'm brand new to the REI world here in AZ, and to BP, so I hope that's ok!

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2013 · 167 posts · 127 votes
    10y

    @Colin Cody of course, you are more than welcome.  We usually have a good mix of people getting started in real estate and experienced investors.  Looking forward to meeting you.

  • Residential Re-Developer · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    10y

    See you guys there!  :)

  • Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 56 posts · 31 votes
    10y

    Wont be able to make this but I am new to BP and I would love to start meeting up with all of you and attend some networking events! 

  • Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 208 posts · 76 votes
    10y

    plus two for me, the wife is coming and an associate I connected with at PREC Tuesday night.

  • Tracy RoycePro Member
    Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2012 · 172 posts · 34 votes
    10y

    Just making sure someone will have a table marked or tell the host where to send people who are showing up for the "BP meetup"....seeing as how I probably won't recognize faces from the micro-thumbnail pics ... and Thirsty Lion is pretty big. :) 

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2013 · 167 posts · 127 votes
    10y

    @Tracy Royce If you go to the Thirsty Lion you will have a hard time finding us because the meetup is at Bar Louie :).  We have a reservation on the patio under my name.  They usually mark the tables "reserved."

  • Tracy RoycePro Member
    Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2012 · 172 posts · 34 votes
    10y

    That may have been a slight problem, yes. :) Thanks for the reminder. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Next time you all meet, let me know. I would love to meet you all and network! Keep me posted!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.