Portland Oregon Fall 2016 Meet Up

Portland Oregon Fall 2016 Meet Up

When:

Where:3443 NE 57th Ave, Portland 97213

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 292 posts · 114 votes

After the great success of the last meet up at Vintner's Cellar thanks to Randy Johnston and JR Hinds, another event is being organized for this fall! On October 11th people will be meeting on the outside covered patio at Fire on the Mountain at 3443 NE 57th Ave, Portland 97213 to discuss real estate topics and the booming Portland market. If you think you can make it, please post below so we can get an estimated head count. Kevin Bull and his partner Peter will be sponsoring the event so make sure to give them a big thank you when you see them. Hope to see some familiar faces!

0Reply
215 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
10y

@Robert Laird  going to try to make it..... I am at the Oakland BP Summit this weekend.. I make my presentation today and am on a panel.. this is quite an event.. would be nice to duplicate something like this for the northwest chapters of BP.. there is over 300 people here 20 speakers from all over the country covering many subjects ( including yours truly).. 2 full days plus a mixer on friday night this allows ample time for networking etc etc.

I would be willing to help with this financially if someone wanted to do the organizational work.  So just throwing that out there for NW BPers. 

See this reply in the discussion

85 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · OR · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    I'll be there! Pretty new around BP, and to real estate investing, so I'm looking forward to meeting some of you and talking shop and learning about what you're doing and how you're doing it. (Please note that if for some reason you look at my profile, I'm not coming to the meeting as a vendor trying to get business, at all.)

  • Real Estate Investor · Oregon City, OR · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Just found on BP, will be there, if we're all still here after the election! ^_^

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    I'd love to go but working into the evening. Is there opportunity to film or record audio of event?  Thanks! 

  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 146 posts · 101 votes
    10y
    Daniel Juson No recordings for this. There won't be any presentation. It will just be about 40 people networking. But we're planning to have one every quarter. Hopefully, you can make the next one!
  • Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 25 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    I'm coming

  • Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    I'll be there!

  • Real Estate Agent · Scappoose, OR · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    10y

    Please add 2 additional guests for this event!

  • Real Estate Agent · vancouver , WA · Member since 2015 · 39 posts · 16 votes
    9y

    I'm in

  • Developer · Eugene, OR · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 30 votes
    9y

    I will be there!

  • Kevin DicksonPro Member
    Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 24 votes
    9y

    I'll be there! I'm newer to BP and attended the last meetup. Hope to see the folks I met last time and connect with the some new faces tomorrow night.

  • Real Estate Professional · Wilsonville, OR · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    Count me in!

  • Virtual Assistant · Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 44 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Hey Everyone! 

    Wow, over 60 people said that they are attending! What a turn out! 

    Because of the large number, we have had to relocate the event to McMenamin's Kennedy School (Boiler Room) at 5736 NE 33rd Ave Portland, OR 97211, which is near 33rd and Killingsworth. This is one of the coolest places to hang out in PDX, if you have never been. And McMenamin's brews their own beers and 2 different kind of Gin!

    Peter Ettro and I will be providing the Chicken Wings, Salad, and Tater Tots! We are excited to see you there!

    Please pass the message on! 

    Feel free to call me 503-539-8014

    Cheers,

    Kevin

  • Investor · Newberg, OR · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Count me in. I'm a new BP member and will bring a friend who is also interested in REI.

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 25 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    Going to do my best to make it! Look forward to meeting everyone!

  • Wholesaler · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    This is great, thanks for helping organize the event Kevin Bull

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    See you today!

  • Vancouver, WA · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 13 votes
    9y

    Looks like I may have to un-attend. Have my kids tonight. Thought I'd finally get to a BP meetup. 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    9y

    @Michael Allen and I am wrestling with weather I want to try to drive from Lake O to the NE side at 5pm in our lovely traffic..  well I can put the Tesla on auto pilot I guess and let it take me there LOL

  • Rental Property Investor · Lake Oswego, OR · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 2 votes
    9y
    Had something come up last minute. I'll be there for the next one!
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bend, OR · Member since 2016 · 209 posts · 87 votes
    9y

    Good call on changing the location! Hopefully most people will get the memo. See you guys tonight! 

  • Battle Ground, WA · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    Looking forward to first meet up!

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 292 posts · 114 votes
    9y

    Thanks to everyone who came out last night! It seemed like it was a good time for a lot of investors. Got to see some familiar faces and meet a lot of new people. See everyone at the next one!

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 25 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Thank you gentlemen for organizing this event. I truly enjoyed coming out and meeting a number of pretty impressive folks. This was another baby step for me on my way to becoming a successful real estate investor. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    HI @Robert Laird....would you consider organizing a meet up before the holidays? I really want to learn about this market and will be in town for a number of days before heading to Bend/Sunriver for Christmas. Any day from 12/18-12/21 would be awesome. Only if its worth your time and you feel others will come out.  

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 292 posts · 114 votes
    9y

    @Sylvia Grugett I know @Kevin Bull has organized an event that is coming up on November 29th to talk about the real estate market in the Pacific NW. You can check out the event details here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/38...

     As for an event around 12/18-12/21, unfortunately I personally am going to be out of town, however there are lot of other members who I am sure would be interested in a meet-up to discuss the market and to network. 

    The past meet-up at the Kennedy School was organized by Kevin, so you might want to reach out to him and see if he is up for organizing another event that weekend. The meet-up before that was organized by @JR Hinds. If he is around those dates, you can reach out to him to see if he would be interested in helping you coordinate something like that. 

    If you need any additional help with planning, I can always help recommend a location or point you in the direction to another bigger pockets member who can help you. Have fun on your holiday travels and feel free to private message me with any further questions!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.