April Investor Meetup for Portland Oregon

25 Replies

• 04/05/18 06:00PM - 08:00PM America/Los_Angeles
  • Uptown Market - 6620 SW Scholls Ferry Blvd Portland, Oregon 97223
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Let's try this again - Hope it does not snow!

Join us for another meeting of the Portland Investors. We had a great meeting in January, February got snowed out,  so we're giving it another shot. This month we will be on the West Side at Chris's place - Uptown Brewery. Please tag local investors. Bring your business cards and lets have some fun, do some networking, learn some new things, and maybe find a deal or two.

Uptown Market is owned by Chris Shepard, he has food and drinks to purchase.

Looks like we are going to have a good crowd. Look forward to seeing everyone!

Hi, is this on Apr 5th or 6th? It says 6th on the dashboard, but 5th on the event page.

Thanks!

Hi Jesse,

Is there a topic/speaker, or just a meet up?  Looking forward to it either way!

Recently moved back to Portland, after some time in the Air Force.  I’m unable to attend this event.  However, I’m looking for ways to help out my fellow investors as a way of learning the trade and earning money to put toward future real estate projects.  I’m not looking for a job, I’m looking to learn.  Thanks for the help and I look forward to the next meet up.

@Julie Rood - maybe on the speaker. If not, we will talk about what's working, what our goals are and how we can help each other. 

Julie, appreciate the reminder.  I will not be there.  My father had a major cardiac event at 2:15 am Monday.  He is still very critical at this time.  In addition I have an aunt having cancer surgery today.  I've got my hands full with family support for a while.  

Thanks for thinking of me though.  Still focused on flipping...eventually.

I am not going to make it this evening -

Unforeseen circumstances - but I do hope these events become regular and hope to meet you all soon! 

Coming from my office on the east side, traffic is horrible. Might be a few minutes late.

Thanks to all that made it out last night, had a great time! Here is the link to my distribution list for the wholesale, off market and auction deals that cross my desk:  http://eepurl.com/dqcvOr

any chance we could do these during the day say a lunch meeting.. so traffic is not such an issue and I don't like to go out at night.. IE I won't LOL...

kind of like a Rotary meeting or something..

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :

any chance we could do these during the day say a lunch meeting.. so traffic is not such an issue and I don't like to go out at night.. IE I won't LOL...

@Jay Hinrichs, I love this idea. I concur about traffic, it isn't worth it to be out around Portland in the evening. 

Originally posted by @William B. :
Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

@Jay Hinrichs, I love this idea. I concur about traffic, it isn't worth it to be out around Portland in the evening. 

well no one responded so I am thinking most of the local BP folks are working day jobs.. and probably cant get the time off.. for me I am not interested in evening meetings.. by 5pm I am done talking about real estate.

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :
Originally posted by @William B.:
Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

well no one responded so I am thinking most of the local BP folks are working day jobs.. and probably cant get the time off.. for me I am not interested in evening meetings.. by 5pm I am done talking about real estate.

That is one of the reasons I like this idea, if someone shows up to a day meeting they are committed and serious about REI; either they already do REI or they are willing to commit the time to interact with those who are serious about REI, which ultimately weeds out many. No offense intended but there is a plethora of folks who love the idea of REI but will never commit to an actionable step toward it. I encourage everyone to take a step out of the "norm" and out of the "comfort zone" and commit to doing something different than your yesterday, if you aren't doing something different you are repeating your own personal history and it won't change much.

@Jay Hinrichs, more to your point, I also would rather shut off the REI endeavors at 5:00 PM and commit my time to my amazing family of 4 kids and wonderful wife. Before I know it the kids will be asking me for car keys and moving out.

@Jay Hinrichs  There is one group I sometimes go to in Houston thats straight commercial and they do it as a lunch event, everyone there is pretty much actively doing deals in their respective space.  someone sponsors the lunch and its a real nice little thing .  It can be done!

Originally posted by @Jack Baczek :

@Jay Hinrichs  There is one group I sometimes go to in Houston thats straight commercial and they do it as a lunch event, everyone there is pretty much actively doing deals in their respective space.  someone sponsors the lunch and its a real nice little thing .  It can be done!

I think investor community is much larger were your at though...

but maybe some of the BP members would like a mid day deal.. I  just know for me personally I have no interest in going out at night .... and with our traffic here which I am sure is like yours.. if you work or live on one side of town at rush hour its a good hour or more of bumper to bumper and no meeting is worth that pain to me LOL..

lunch time we can all freely scoot around PDX ...

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here