2 Tickets for BP Summit in Denver

2 Tickets for BP Summit in Denver

Chris ClothierBusiness Member
Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes

So we purchased 2 tickets to the event back when Josh made the original announcement of the event for myself and one staff member to attend. Since that time we have decided to sponsor the event as well as that came with passes, so we have two tickets.

I know there are a lot of investors and business owners on the site who would like to go, but may not have finalized plans due to the different costs of attending. I would love to give these tickets to someone who really wants to attend and hasn't pulled the trigger yet. Ideally, I would like to give 1 ticket to two different people to help as many people as possible, but will consider both for a special circumstance.

Please respond right here on the forums if you can use these tickets and why you want to attend. No essay and you certainly do not need to share any personal anecdotes, just let me know that you need them and why it matters that you are in Denver and I would love to help make it happen. I only have two and I will pick who gets them asap and will forward your info. to Josh. Looking forward to seeing everyone in Denver!

4Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
14y

And here is yet another offer of free tickets (bumping this thread for those who are monitoring this thread to see):
http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/484/topics/71780-4-free-tickets-to-bp-summit

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    14y

    GREAT Job Shris....

  • Real Estate Investor · Surprise, AZ · Member since 2011 · 51 posts · 2 votes
    14y

    Chris:

    I am planning on attending and would be more than grateful if I were able to use a ticket. My attendance would be utilized in networking and education.As I am getting my feet wet in REI this would reduce my expenses to attend the BP Summit. Thanks

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    14y

    Chris Clothier - Well done. Good stuff!

  • Investor · San Ramon, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 569 votes
    14y

    Great offer... I just plain feel too small time to come to an event like this. I can stand in a room of my peers with no problem... but the people at an event like this? They're not working on scales double or triple what I'm doing... they're adding two 0's to the end.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    14y

    Nathan Emmert - I do hope that you're kidding. This event is for everyone -- both novice and experienced investors alike will be serviced by the Summit. Hopefully we'll see you there . . .

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    Great job Chris, very nice offer.
    Nathon, I would have to disagree with u. There will be both highly experienced, medium experienced, and no experience attendees, u should not b using any excuse to not cone, especially that one. Even if every attendee was well beyond u, what better reason to go than to network with them, particularly sinfe Josh has chosen those willing to give their knowledge without upselling anything.

  • Investor · San Ramon, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 569 votes
    14y

    I'm just one of those dumb arrogant guys who hates being the newest, stupidest in the room. Let me see what my wife says when she gets back to her desk. I think I just talked myself into it. SLC to Denver is drivable, I think.

  • Real Estate Investor · West Des Moines, IA · Member since 2011 · 25 posts · 3 votes
    14y

    Chris, I saw the post and immediately jumped! I’ve been doing my homework on real estate investing since my 18 year career in advertising ended in October last year. My position was cut, however, no sob story here. More of an opportunity to change careers and do something I’m excited about. I found BiggerPockets about the same time and have been soaking in and learning as much as possible every day. From Blogs to Forums, I’m checking in nearly 3-4 times a day to learn the business.

    I took ideas that many have shared and implemented them successfully:

    @Chris Clothier- Used his “bank book” presentation to put together my funding proposal to the bank which resulted in a 90% loan commitment for both purchase and rehab costs. The bank commented on the professional presentation and was very impressed;

    @J Scott- The man when it comes to successful rehabbing. I’m implementing the J Scott systems step by step. I’m very confident in my numbers and feel like I’m steps ahead of other “investors” in my market. I know if I keep on task and follow his examples, I can experience success like he’s demonstrated;

    @Michael Quarles- The direct marketing expert. Even though I haven’t enrolled in the Yellow Letter program, I’ve picked up some great advice and tips from him which resulted in a successful pre-foreclosure campaign.

    My point…..the BP community has been a tremendous resource and I see the huge value in attending the conference and meeting people who are making it happen. Unfortunately, my wife is hesitant. She’s understandably concerned of my “unemployment” status and feels spending $1,000 just isn’t in the budget and I should wait until next year. We have the money to do this; however, she sees it as a cost whereas I see it as an investment.

    I want her support and she does believe in me and knows I can be successful in real estate investing. I feel that with a free ticket, and the $250 savings, my “re-approach” to her about me attending would be better accepted. I believe she would feel more comfortable and breathe a little bit easier about me attending. Thanks!

  • Investor · San Ramon, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 569 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Nathan Emmert:
    I'm just one of those dumb arrogant guys who hates being the newest, stupidest in the room. Let me see what my wife says when she gets back to her desk. I think I just talked myself into it. SLC to Denver is drivable, I think.

    Geez, Nnevermind, for $180 I will fly... 16 hrs in a car or 3 hrs on a plane, tough choice!

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    Nathan, if that's your confirmation on committing to going to the summit, let me be the first one to congratulate you!

    I truly believe it would do more for your business than not going.

  • Tucson, AZ · Member since 2012 · 29 posts · 5 votes
    14y

    It sounds like both tickets are spoken for. If that's not the case, I'd be grateful for the opportunity.
    I'm just getting started in gathering information and the Summit sounds like a great place to get a lot useful information.

  • Chris ClothierBusiness Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    14y

    O.K. Guys -

    Deal is closed and I am super appreciative that there are so many people that want to go. I have sent an email to the 4 people that I will send tickets to. I was able to get 2 more to make sure the 4 who said they want to come can come. So I will shoot emails now and I expect to see each of you in Denver. I will be there and would really like to shake hands with those that are coming.

    All the best - Chris

  • Real Estate Investor · West Des Moines, IA · Member since 2011 · 25 posts · 3 votes
    14y

    WooHoo.....yeah doggie!!! Just booked my flight and hotel. The free ticket made the difference. Thanks Chris for your generosity. Look forward to meeting you and everyone else at the conference.

  • Investor · San Ramon, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 569 votes
    14y

    Impossible for me to say no now. Thank you tremendously Chris. Wifey will have to suck it up with the kids for a few days, I'm Denver bound.

  • Real Estate Investor · Surprise, AZ · Member since 2011 · 51 posts · 2 votes
    14y

    Thank you!!!! I'm heading to Denver!!!! I'm looking forward to making contact with those who are experienced in REI. @ chrisclothier I can't begin to express what your kindness has done for me. A simple "Thank You" seems not quite enough.Yet,it gives me the encouragement to help others as you have helped those that were on the fence about furthering their knowledge of REI.I,too will pay it forward as I continue my growth.

    Thanks Again

  • Tucson, AZ · Member since 2012 · 29 posts · 5 votes
    14y

    Chris, thank you very much for your generosity. I've booked my travel and hotel; I'll definitely thank you in person.
    ... and I'll make sure to pay it forward when I can.

  • Real Estate Investor · Manhasset, NY · Member since 2010 · 74 posts · 8 votes
    14y

    That is a generous offer, well done. wish I was quicker in my response to be in the running.

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2010 · 93 posts · 32 votes
    14y

    Agh - me too. I've been away from BP for a while now and just booked my flights and tickets and about to post here to see if someone wanted to split the hotel cost at the Hyatt.. Just saw this and I was about to post to get me some free tickets! All good, looking forward to it. If anyone has free rooms to give away - I'm all ears

  • Involved In Real Estate · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2009 · 124 posts · 7 votes
    14y

    This is my year! I became a Real Estate agent, my health & finances have improved... things are turning around for me. I'm more "on fire" now than I ever was.

    On top of that, on March 2nd, I buried my grandmother after a tough but excruciating battle with cancer. She was my 2nd mother. Before she really got sick, she made me promise that starting this year, I would do something with my dreams, my passions, my goals, and my life! Going to this summit would be a great "stepping stone" in fulfilling that promise to her.

    I do understand that there are others on here who deserve to go just as much as myself, but I figured I'd at least speak up & pray for the best. GOOD LUCK Y'ALL!!

  • Real Estate Professional · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2010 · 608 posts · 163 votes
    14y

    Nathan Emmert we are almost neighbors...lol. I was going to drive as well until I saw the price to fly. Anyway, you are welcome to share my room if you want at no cost. You will need a sleeping bag because I only have one bed and I snore...at least my beautiful wife says I do. PM me if you are interested.

  • Investor · San Ramon, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 569 votes
    14y

    I got a room but thank you for the offer. We should meet up and network while there for sure though. Utah is a small community to invest in!

  • Real Estate Professional · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2010 · 608 posts · 163 votes
    14y

    Oh and Nathon I think it 90 min flight at the most SLC to Denver.

  • Investor · Farmington, UT · Member since 2011 · 314 posts · 179 votes
    14y

    Nathan and Gary, I'll be attending the seminar as well. It will be good to meet you guys, we can swap Utah deal stories. :)

  • Real Estate Professional · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2010 · 608 posts · 163 votes
    14y

    Nathan Emmert & Andy McFarland I think it is a great idea to meet in Denver. I think there is going to be some sort of happy hour / networking event sometime late Thursday afternoon. Will either of you be getting to Denver earlier in the day? I get in at 1:55 if anyone cares to share a ride. Unless there is more than 2 of us the super shuttle is the least expensive way to go.

  • Investor · Farmington, UT · Member since 2011 · 314 posts · 179 votes
    14y

    I'm getting in at around 5 Thursday night and I'll be with a buddy who is coming as well. We got a rental car.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.