Anyone interested in a Central Florida Meetup?

Anyone interested in a Central Florida Meetup?

Real Estate Broker · Greenville, SC · Member since 2013 · 269 posts · 141 votes

I'm in Brevard county on the east coast of Central Florida, but would be willing to drive to Orlando or somewhere else close by to network with other investors from BiggerPockets. Anyone interested?

1Reply
137 views

Most Popular Reply

FL · Member since 2013 · 21 posts · 2 votes
13y

@Michael Smith I would love to see this as a newbie. A lot to learn for me and I am sure a group of like minded would help all.

See this reply in the discussion

71 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Greenville, SC · Member since 2013 · 269 posts · 141 votes
    12y
    Hi Erin Wysocki ! Yes, this Monday the 16th we are meeting at The Knowledge Exchange at 6:30pm. The address is 5151 Babcock St NE Palm Bay, FL 32905. We meet at the same time and place every other Monday. (Key words: Central Florida, Brevard, Palm Bay)
  • Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2012 · 605 posts · 103 votes
    11y

    Man I wish this thread existed when I lived in Orlando.  I was living right by Ucf and Waterford lakes!  Seems like RE investors are joining forces all over the U.S.!  Any meetings in 2015?

  • Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2012 · 605 posts · 103 votes
    11y

    Man I wish this thread existed when I lived in Orlando.  I was living right by Ucf and Waterford lakes!  Seems like RE investors are joining forces all over the U.S.!  Any meetings in 2015?

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Anil Samuel:

    Man I wish this thread existed when I lived in Orlando.  I was living right by Ucf and Waterford lakes!  Seems like RE investors are joining forces all over the U.S.!  Any meetings in 2015?

     I just joined the group. We got to set something up.

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Anil Samuel:

    Man I wish this thread existed when I lived in Orlando.  I was living right by Ucf and Waterford lakes!  Seems like RE investors are joining forces all over the U.S.!  Any meetings in 2015?

     I just joined the group. We got to set something up.

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Anil Samuel:

    Man I wish this thread existed when I lived in Orlando.  I was living right by Ucf and Waterford lakes!  Seems like RE investors are joining forces all over the U.S.!  Any meetings in 2015?

     I just joined the group. We got to set something up.

  • Ryan KopczykPro Member
    Title Agent Investor Friendly · Maitland, FL · Member since 2014 · 139 posts · 59 votes
    11y

    I have been hosting a meetup at my office every other month with a networking party. I always provide good food and drinks. I bring in some speakers that will talk about different real estate topics. Last meeting was last Thursday. My attorney spoke about the ins and outs of the as-is contract and how to use it to your advantage. We also have some seasoned investors dissect some deals they did and show you step by step how things are done. So many people from BP are attending so its a pretty cool event. The biggest thing I hate is people trying to sell you crap. We will never try and sell you anything. Its all about meeting good people over some good food and drinks to learn about everything real estate. Let me know if anyone is interested.  

  • Ryan KopczykPro Member
    Title Agent Investor Friendly · Maitland, FL · Member since 2014 · 139 posts · 59 votes
    11y

    I have been hosting a meetup at my office every other month with a networking party. I always provide good food and drinks. I bring in some speakers that will talk about different real estate topics. Last meeting was last Thursday. My attorney spoke about the ins and outs of the as-is contract and how to use it to your advantage. We also have some seasoned investors dissect some deals they did and show you step by step how things are done. So many people from BP are attending so its a pretty cool event. The biggest thing I hate is people trying to sell you crap. We will never try and sell you anything. Its all about meeting good people over some good food and drinks to learn about everything real estate. Let me know if anyone is interested.  

  • Ryan KopczykPro Member
    Title Agent Investor Friendly · Maitland, FL · Member since 2014 · 139 posts · 59 votes
    11y

    We have been getting a big group together in central FL already. @Karen P. 

     and @Luis A. meet up as well at my office. Its a good resource for investors.

  • Ryan KopczykPro Member
    Title Agent Investor Friendly · Maitland, FL · Member since 2014 · 139 posts · 59 votes
    11y

    We have something setup. Email me!

  • Ryan KopczykPro Member
    Title Agent Investor Friendly · Maitland, FL · Member since 2014 · 139 posts · 59 votes
    11y

    Wow it kept saying error when I was posting and now it posted three in a row! Sorry everyone.

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 132 posts · 24 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Ryan Kopczyk:

    My attorney spoke about the ins and outs of the as-is contract and how to use it to your advantage.  

     These are the types of topics that would want me to make it a priority to come over.  @Ryan Kopczyk do you think it would be possible to give us a heads up on the upcoming topic each time you have a meeting (with "Orlando" as the tag).  It would allow us to make it a priority and you would have a higher turnout.

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 132 posts · 24 votes
    11y
  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 132 posts · 24 votes
    11y

    Looks like there might be a bug.  Seems to double and triple post.  Having the same issue as you @Ryan Kopczyk 

    Heads up to @Joshua D. 

  • Ryan KopczykPro Member
    Title Agent Investor Friendly · Maitland, FL · Member since 2014 · 139 posts · 59 votes
    11y

    @Sam Alpha I can do that. I have a limit of 50 RSVP's I can take for right now because of the space I have. I have been reaching that limit each time so its a first come first serve basis until we get into our new space here pretty soon which will hold 200+. Just shoot me an email if you would like to be on the invite list and when I get the flyer created I will blast it out. The flyer will explain who will be presenting and on what topic. It has always been a word of mouth thing but I will post it on BP from now on with "Orlando" as a tag. I assume you say that because of your keywords. Great idea Sam. We have a pretty cool group that is growing and I would love people that attend to give feedback and opinions to how it should be. I want it to be like a family. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 132 posts · 24 votes
    11y

    @Ryan Kopczyk Wow. I wasn't aware that it was such a popular group.  I'm glad that you are creating a mini CFRI there, allowing contact opportunities without the membership structure.

    "Orlando" is for the key word.  It allows you to reach a bigger audience.

    Looking forward to the next meeting.

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 152 posts · 54 votes
    11y

    Thats a pretty cool meet up.  I need to get in on that VIP list.

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 152 posts · 54 votes
    11y

    Thats a pretty cool meet up.  I need to get in on that VIP list.

  • Investor · McKinney, TX · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Hey, please count me IN!!! Still planning something?? I am in Largo/Clearwater area but I will drive to MEET and Network!! Let me know!!

  • Investor · McKinney, TX · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Hey, please count me IN!!! Still planning something?? I am in Largo/Clearwater area but I will drive to MEET and Network!! Let me know!!

  • Retired · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 12 posts · 9 votes
    11y

    Did this group every form? If so where and when? You can also rent space at the library or the Goodwill Centers, their fees are minimal and sometimes free.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.