Rental Property Investor · Fall River, MA · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 1 vote
Looking into purchasing a property for AirBnb in the Destin or Bradenton areas. Anyone with information that could lead me in the right direction for either? Would like to visit for a weekend in January and view potential properties. Have 11 units in the Boston area currently.
Investor · Flowery Branch, GA · Member since 2019 · 413 posts · 412 votes
4y
Anything you look at now that is priced right will be gone by January. Get with a realtor to get set up on auto emails in your buy box. More specific the better obviously. I recommend The Short Term Shop. They are awesome.
Investor · Flowery Branch, GA · Member since 2019 · 413 posts · 412 votes
4y
Anything you look at now that is priced right will be gone by January. Get with a realtor to get set up on auto emails in your buy box. More specific the better obviously. I recommend The Short Term Shop. They are awesome.
Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 13 votes
4y
Hello @Matthew Teixeira Can definitely talk to you about the Tampa Bay Area and a little about Bradenton if you'd like. I'm an agent and STR Property manager and investor. Feel free to shoot me a PM if interested.
Realtor · Lakeland, FL · Member since 2020 · 73 posts · 72 votes
4y
@Matthew Teixeira personally, I would go with Bradenton. If you’re planning to hold for a while, Bradenton is seeing much more growth and development. The outlook for good appreciation is positive!
Attorney · Lakewood Ranch, FL · Member since 2008 · 38 posts · 13 votes
4y
Hi Matt,
I am located in Bradenton and happy to chat with you about it. Unsure of your price point, but Anna Maria Island is a great place to look. We have closed lots of properties out there that are short term rentals and they have pretty impressive rent histories. Happy to help you in any way I can.
Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2018 · 464 posts · 452 votes
4y
@Matthew Teixeira - Both areas have a massively different feel for sure. I'm an agent and investor in the Destin market, but I visit the Tampa area quite often. I think a trip down to see what area resonates with you best will be well worth your time and money. I think you'll be able to find cash flow in either, so that's not nearly as much of factor as finding the market that you feel is the better fit for you.
Are you unit in Boston currently LTR? If so, you'll definitely need a bit of a mindset shift into the seasonality of the Florida STR world. It cash flows well, but some of my LTR clients just can't get over how much occupancy and rates can shift so drastically.
Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 681 posts · 288 votes
4y
Hello Matthew Teixeira from MA, Falha Portuguese? You would be "safer" in Bradenton down to Sarasota, than in Destin because of the Hurricanes each year in the Gulf of Mexico. Tampa just celebrated the only Hurricane to have a direct hit in 1921. Do your research. Bom sorte.