Syncing AirBnB and VRBO calendars

Syncing AirBnB and VRBO calendars

Dale BertrandPro Member
Member since 2021 · 41 posts · 17 votes

We have one STR that we are renting only on AirBnB. We'd like to list it on VRBO also but we'd like to avoid double bookings since it will be on two STR sites.

I don't think we need a full featured channel manager (we aren't interested in automation since we've enjoyed working directly with our guest so far). The only software we are using right now is PriceLabs for dynamic pricing.

I'm planning to sync the two calendars using the AirBnB "Calendar Sync" feature. From what I've read, VRBO has a similar feature that should prevent double bookings. The downside (based on my understanding) is that it could take several hours for the calendars to sync after a booking. I'm willing to accept this risk if that's the only issue because we don't get very many bookings for this STR.

Do we need a channel manager?

Thanks in advance for your help!

- Dale

0Reply
51 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Flowery Branch, GA · Member since 2019 · 413 posts · 412 votes
4y

A channel manager will change your life. I use Hospitable, but there are many others. There are a lot of reasons to use a product like that. It can sync your calendars, automate messages so you never miss a check in/ check out, improves your response time on the platforms, and many other integrations. You can still communicate with your guests as much or as little as you want. And it’s only $25/ month

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Luke CarlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    Yup. Just use hospitable it’s super easy. Have fun! 

  • Dale BertrandPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2021 · 41 posts · 17 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Luke Carl:

    Yup. Just use hospitable it’s super easy. Have fun! 

    Luke, Thanks for the recommendation! I'll take a look at Hospitable. I'm curious what would go wrong with my plan (to just use the calendar sync feature to avoid double bookings).

     - Dale

  • Investor · Flowery Branch, GA · Member since 2019 · 413 posts · 412 votes
    4y

    A channel manager will change your life. I use Hospitable, but there are many others. There are a lot of reasons to use a product like that. It can sync your calendars, automate messages so you never miss a check in/ check out, improves your response time on the platforms, and many other integrations. You can still communicate with your guests as much or as little as you want. And it’s only $25/ month

  • Luke CarlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Dale Bertrand:
    Originally posted by @Luke Carl:

    Yup. Just use hospitable it’s super easy. Have fun! 

    Luke, Thanks for the recommendation! I'll take a look at Hospitable. I'm curious what would go wrong with my plan (to just use the calendar sync feature to avoid double bookings).

     - Dale

    Nothing. It’s just more work.  

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    4y

    I just use the sync feature on both VRBO and AIR. They automatically and almost instantly sync with one another. No problems. You don't have to do anything......

    Not sure why you'd spend $300....that's a couple nice meals out.....

  • Dale BertrandPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2021 · 41 posts · 17 votes
    4y

    @Luke Carl @Bruce Woodruff Very helpful advice. Thanks!

    - Dale

  • Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 78 posts · 66 votes
    4y

    @Dale Bertrand. They sync without Hospitable just fine (I use Hospitable and they advised me to sync Airbnb and VRBO iCals as a backup).

    That said, Hospitable is great for having a single inbox, automating messages (check-in info, checkout instructions, trash day, offering night before and night after discounts, etc.). I feel it’s well worth the modest monthly fee to free up my time. You still have to respond to specifics, but the majority of the messages are automated (including reviews).

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Here is a solution that will:

    1) sync your availability

    2) Link your property to your PayPal account and to accept bookings directly to avoid host and guest fees.

    3) Dashboard that automates everything, emails, alerts, and offers clear financials.

    VRCalendar.com

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.