STR in Arizona? Glendale, Peoria, Surprise

STR in Arizona? Glendale, Peoria, Surprise

Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 2 votes

On the newer side of RE investing. I have one LTR in Indy and I'm intrigued with the idea of STR's after reading Avery Carl's book "short term rental long term wealth." My wife and I really have enjoyed visiting these areas of AZ when we have vacationed down there but I have no idea if getting a vacation home to rent out in these areas would be a good investment in these markets. We would obviously like to invest in places we want to visit as well. Does anyone have any experience with STRs in AZ? SFH vs townhome vs condo, etc. Anything I should know about that I could be missing or overlooking?

0Reply
13 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Sedona, AZ · Member since 2017 · 751 posts · 504 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Dallas Easter:

    On the newer side of RE investing. I have one LTR in Indy and I'm intrigued with the idea of STR's after reading Avery Carl's book "short term rental long term wealth." My wife and I really have enjoyed visiting these areas of AZ when we have vacationed down there but I have no idea if getting a vacation home to rent out in these areas would be a good investment in these markets. We would obviously like to invest in places we want to visit as well. Does anyone have any experience with STRs in AZ? SFH vs townhome vs condo, etc. Anything I should know about that I could be missing or overlooking?

    Hi Dallas.

    Definitely connect with a realtor in those areas that is an Investment Specialist and chat about it. That will be your best bet for getting boots on the ground and understanding what has happened over the last year in those areas, and what will likely happen in those areas in 2022.

    If you can afford it, and you want to visit our paradise, I'll be happy to help. We have one of the strongest STR and appreciation markets in the country.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.