Looking at STR Acquisition: Vieques, Fajardo, Luquillo

Looking at STR Acquisition: Vieques, Fajardo, Luquillo

Realtor · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2014 · 54 posts · 20 votes

Good afternoon! My wife and I are real estate agents/investors up in the FL panhandle looking to add a short term rental to our portfolio, and have our eyes set on Puerto Rico (wife's a native) as a spot to use for our own occasional vacation spot. Right now, we're in the information collection stage, but have funds readily available (absent a local financier). We would prefer to keep our focus on the north/east portions of the island and/or Vieques. If there are any agents that could provide insight or direction--possibly a few referals for lenders that deal with CONUS-based buyers, we would greatly appreciate it - thanks!

0Reply
29 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Member since 2010 · 188 posts · 103 votes
    4y

    Hi Mark,

    I'm in the San Juan area myself, but I have friends who invest in those areas.  In January, we hosted a bus tour to the east side of the island to see some investors projects in Luquillo, Ceiba & Naguabo, such as guest houses using the 40% tax credit.  On July 25 we are hosting another bus tour and investor mastermind for those interested in investing in Puerto Rico.  Reach out to me directly if you would like more information.

  • Member since 2022 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    Quote from @Kathryn Morea:

    Hi Mark,

    I'm in the San Juan area myself, but I have friends who invest in those areas.  In January, we hosted a bus tour to the east side of the island to see some investors projects in Luquillo, Ceiba & Naguabo, such as guest houses using the 40% tax credit.  On July 25 we are hosting another bus tour and investor mastermind for those interested in investing in Puerto Rico.  Reach out to me directly if you would like more information.


     Hi Kathryn,

    My wife and I are in the process of buying our first property in Utuado for STR. We live in PA, but she's from PR and we usually go once a year at least for vacation. Does REIA Rico have any resources for investors that aren't physically on the island?

  • Developer · Member since 2010 · 188 posts · 103 votes
    4y

    Hi Mark,

    The bus tours, REIA Rico meetings and breakfast club meetings as well as the Whatsapp groups are great ways to connect when you are visiting and help make some of the connections you are looking for. I hope that helps.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.