Schumacher Place Short Term Rental - 2bdr 1 bath

Schumacher Place Short Term Rental - 2bdr 1 bath

Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 15 votes

Reaching out to the BP community as I'm considering turning of the units in a duplex I own into a STR. This unit is located near children's hospital in Schumacher place. I've hesitated as I'm unqure what to expect for topline revenue in the area. Looking to see if anyone in the BP community is willing to share.

Average Daily Rent

Monthly / Annual Topline Revenue

Challenges with STR in this neighborhood

Any pointers for someone considering entering STR market in Columbus

1Reply
33 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
3y
Quote from @Joel Case:
Quote from @Paul Sandhu:
Quote from @Joel Case:
Quote from @Paul Sandhu:

Where is Schumacher? The only Schumacher I know is a battery charger.


 Are you saying that you don't know everything?

Im ignert.

 But competent. I saw your hot tub, don't be coy!


Fabricating and welding the exchanger was the hardest part.  Had to bevel every joint, 80-100 joints.  If there wasn't enough heat the weld would leak water.  If there was too much heat the weld would burn through.
See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    Where is Schumacher? The only Schumacher I know is a battery charger.

  • Rental Property Investor · Ocean Springs, MS · Member since 2022 · 349 posts · 301 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Paul Sandhu:

    Where is Schumacher? The only Schumacher I know is a battery charger.


     Are you saying that you don't know everything?

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joel Case:
    Quote from @Paul Sandhu:

    Where is Schumacher? The only Schumacher I know is a battery charger.


     Are you saying that you don't know everything?

    Im ignert.
  • Rental Property Investor · Ocean Springs, MS · Member since 2022 · 349 posts · 301 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Paul Sandhu:
    Quote from @Joel Case:
    Quote from @Paul Sandhu:

    Where is Schumacher? The only Schumacher I know is a battery charger.


     Are you saying that you don't know everything?

    Im ignert.

     But competent. I saw your hot tub, don't be coy!

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 15 votes
    3y

    It is next to German Village. Also, I can see data from looking through airbnb online but curious to hear directly from current owners, landlords, property managers. 

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joel Case:
    Quote from @Paul Sandhu:
    Quote from @Joel Case:
    Quote from @Paul Sandhu:

    Where is Schumacher? The only Schumacher I know is a battery charger.


     Are you saying that you don't know everything?

    Im ignert.

     But competent. I saw your hot tub, don't be coy!


    Fabricating and welding the exchanger was the hardest part.  Had to bevel every joint, 80-100 joints.  If there wasn't enough heat the weld would leak water.  If there was too much heat the weld would burn through.
  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Alex R.:

    It is next to German Village.


    This location may not be very popular with Jewish tourists.

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Alex R.:

    Computer algorithms are good for evaluating a market in general, but they won't accurately predict performance of a specific property due to variables that don't fit into a spreadsheet.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • New to Real Estate · Columbus, OH · Member since 2022 · 8 posts · 6 votes
    3y

    Anywhere near childrens is going to be a rather rough area, as I'm sure you know since you already own this unit.. That being said, this could be a gold mine for travel nurses. Not yet an investor myself, but I know the area well.  Schumacher place is juuust far enough out from German Village to consider it a prime location for GV travelers. I would go for it but put travel nurses in all caps in the title and maybe even reach out to travel nurse agencies to advertise.  Since agencies typically pay for housing, the specific traveler likely won't care about over paying. Just make the unit really secure since it is in such a tough area.  Travelers usually sign for about 13 weeks so you're not locked in to a lease like you would with a tennant, and you've furnished the unit so you can charge even more. If after the 13 weeks, you aren't feeling the traveler vibe or str at all, it won't be too much pressure to go back to long term rental.  As far as specific monthly revenue and avg daily rent I can't answer but I hope this info helped.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.