Guesty and OwnerRez Pros and Cons

Guesty and OwnerRez Pros and Cons

Investor · IN · Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 6 votes

I am trying to get  set up for my STRs and looking for advice regarding Guesty and OwnerRez.  What are the benefits of 1 vs the other and when growing your business, which one is better?  We will have three STRs by the end of the month and our goal is to scale to probably 10 that we will own and self manage.

0Reply
93 views

Most Popular Reply

Luke CarlPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
3y

Chevy Ford 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Luke CarlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    Chevy Ford 

  • Real Estate Agent · Smoky Mountains, TN · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 984 votes
    3y

    Guesty looks and feels easy to use, but is priced much higher (I recently met with them and did a demo). I use Ownerrez and it’s very affordable but has a learning curve and setup takes some time. 

  • Phoenix Arizona · Member since 2017 · 65 posts · 70 votes
    3y

    Not sure if you want recommendations for other software, but I manage 10 listings and use Hostfully. While not perfect it's done a great job for me! I've also heard "Rave" reviews from tons of other industry pros about guesty!

    My biggest recommendation is to write down all of the "Use cases" you would like and then determine which software actually works better for you personally. 

  • Property Manager · Miami, FL · Member since 2023 · 21 posts · 3 votes
    3y

    I've used Guesty before and it was not a great experience. I've switched to Hostaway since then and it's been great.

  • Member since 2022 · 15 posts · 7 votes
    3y

    Personally, I use Hostaway and from my experience, it's been great. It helps me grow my business allowing me to save time and costs. More importantly, it made my life easier. Also, I previously used Guesty and wasn't happy with their service. After switching to Hostaway, I definitely made the best decision for me with the great features and support they offer.

  • Investor · Kenilworth, OH · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    I started Ownerrez last year and honestly, if I don't recommend it at all. I'm obviously in the minority, because they have many positive reviews. I'm not sure why that is.

    The interface is like a parody of overly complicated design. It took me a long time to set up in dribs and drabs, all while paying the monthly fees.

    Now that it's up and running, I see glitches, and it's frustrating to have to go through pages of support just to find the setting that needs to be tweaked.

    To be fair, the support people are nice and they do respond with videos and instructions. But I don't think a user should have to put in that kind of effort to make a simple change to their listing. 

    If I didn't already so much invested in this, I would run away and never turn back.

  • Investor · FL · Member since 2016 · 332 posts · 388 votes
    2y

    We have used Ownerrez for a few years.  The biggest problem I see is people trying to setup properties themselves.  Pay for the Proconnect and they set it up. Then the learning curve is very little.  There are facebook groups where other Ownwerrez users help each other with issues.  They are slow to roll out new features because they want it to work right the first time. Never used the other because at the time when I was the deciding there were several issues with others API integrating.  That may be solved now.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.