Flipper · Reno, NV · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 5 votes
Is there a service (like a one-time fee) to have a company post your STR on every available "Site" out there... For example, I pay $$ and they take my 1 listing I have on Airbnb and they list it on everything, like Booking.com, etc.?
I know there are "Property Management" companies that charge you 10% to do something similar, but not wanting to give up 10%.
Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
3y
Hey Jeff
We use Streamline, which (like most PMS) you can push to whatever direct connections they have. This usually is not every possible site, so you will need to connect through PMS to a channel manager (like Rentals United) that will get you on even more sites. It is not as simple as pushing a button and you are on 20 sites, there is usually different requirements for each channel.
Flipper · Reno, NV · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 5 votes
3y
I use Hospitable and you have to create them all manually and then "Link" them, which Hospitbable only links to 3 sites, VRBO, AIRBNB, and Booking - I am trying to get away from creating the same listing manually over and over - I want to say Guestly even links to MORE sites, but again you have to have those listings already created on those sites before Hospitable/Guestly will be useful.
Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
3y
Hey Jeff
We use Streamline, which (like most PMS) you can push to whatever direct connections they have. This usually is not every possible site, so you will need to connect through PMS to a channel manager (like Rentals United) that will get you on even more sites. It is not as simple as pushing a button and you are on 20 sites, there is usually different requirements for each channel.
Yes, a PMS like Hospitable will do that for you. It’s as simple as clicking a few boxes.
Hi Jeff... can you explain how you did this with Hospitable? I also had to set up mine separately and link to Hospitable. Thanks for tipping us
Oops, i apologize for getting everyone’s hopes up. I was just looking over my app and I recalled having a “lead” listing which is Airbnb for me, then you can check the box for the other platforms. Since I don’t currently use booking.com, I tried associating that with my “lead” listing, but I have to physically go to booking.com and create the listing first. My mistake.
Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
3y
Could use Guesty.
My prop mgr had soooooooo many issues with these websites that promise to post your listings on all sites. Guesty on several occasions deleted all their listings at once due to an error. Same with other similair websites.
I took over mgt on my STR and the first week I did, calanders didn't sync properly and I had a double booking.
I learned that everyone is either booking on airbnb or VRBO. So I use these sites exclusively. I'm ok with not capturing the other smaller sites.
Specialist · Nationwide services · Member since 2021 · 12 posts · 12 votes
3y
While I can certainly appreciate the desire to paste and copy to save time, it's important to consider the subtle differences in each platform's listing layout. The listing is the marketing anchor for your STR. It has to be optimized for each platform to make sure you land in the search results and attract your guest avatar. For example, does each platform allow you to add and edit your photo captions? This is valuable marketing real estate, (I know it's horrible,) that many forget to even use to their advantage. The listing tells guests a story: make sure you're telling it well. The owner/host page is another valuable spot to establish the tone you want to set for your property. I wouldn't want to trust that to paste and copy or a SAAS or PMS that claims they can do it for you. I'm a marketing cohost—and yes writing out each listing, along with providing four seasonal updates—is part of what my % covers. I'm happy to help. Holler if you have questions or want this off your to do list. Congrats on getting your STR up and running!
Flipper · Reno, NV · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 5 votes
3y
@Elizabeth Howell Good points and thank you for the added information. Want to expand into other platforms and as you mentioned, may just be something I do myself. I currently use hospitable to "manage" my listings on 2 sites, but as I grow and want to expand to other listing sites, Hospitable is very limited so was looking at using Guestly and combining it with Rentals United. Does anyone work with either Guestly or Rentals United? I know @Andrew Steffens mentioned he worked with a similar combination.
Real Estate Agent · Smoky Mountains, TN · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 984 votes
3y
There are probably folks on Upwork or Fiverr that offer this. I use Ownerrez and I create everything in a template and it pushes out to the various OTAs via API integration.
Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 286 posts · 67 votes
3y
We used to believe that more platforms mean more business, but recently we down sized to airbnb and VRBO only, even though we use Guesty Pro that can automatically push your listings to many platforms: the reason is that not all platforms screen guests equally well. It turned out that scammers/squatters tend to find these loopholes and book your listings using stolen credit cards and/or sell to someone who got evicted and had no other place to go but your airbnb. We realized that about 10% of this type of bookings really created 90% of our headaches. Besides, if they booked your place on a weekends, it means that good guests from other platforms can not take the spot anymore. Such issues are definitely more frequent in not so great part of the town.
Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
3y
The amount of time you spent thinking about this you probably could have put them up your self. 10% is nothing compared to the work put in. Is your time worth more than a few hundred bucks a month to communicate with guests?