ISO Advice on how to sell Hamptons AirBnb

ISO Advice on how to sell Hamptons AirBnb

Long Island NY · Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hi all! I currently have an amazing 4BR 4.5 BR fully renovated home with pool in East Hampton that is a well established Airbnb.

The good news is that the house has bookings practically every weekend. The challenge with so many bookings is that showings on weekends are super challenging. 

Any advice on how I can market to Airbnb investors? Available Showings are mostly midweek between bookings.

This should be exactly what an investor wants to hear, if I can only get them into the home. 

It's an amazing property and I want to make sure I am exposing it to the right (qualified)clientele.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Raquel 

0Reply
27 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    3y

    Block some dates and have a few open houses.

  • Real Estate Agent · Outer Banks, NC · Member since 2019 · 168 posts · 116 votes
    3y

    Hey @Raquel Knoell

    I think with mid week openings you should be fine.  I would list with an experienced agent in the area who will market the home right.  As John said above, you could also block out a weekend and do two open houses if you have any available weekends in the near future.   Otherwise, potential buyers will just have to make time during the week to tour the home or have their agent do a virtual tour.    On that note, I would make sure whatever agent you hire is doing a good marketing video, etc so that the home is showcased on video and interested parties can see it that way as well.    If you need any agent recommendations up there, I am happy to help with that as well!  Best of luck!! 

  • Investor · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 754 votes
    3y

    I think this is to be expected with STR's when they are for sale. If investors can't make it to mid week showings, encourage the buyer's agent to come in anyways and do some in depth video tours for them.

    Sounds like this property is performing well, so that should be a good sign to anyone who is interested in it. 

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    3y

    Hey @Raquel Knoell. Welcome to the forum! So you could post it on the AirBNB's for sale facebook page. You will get a TON of flakes and "experts" who trash it but you could garner a few good looks.

    I am guessing with an East Hampton address we are talking about a multi million dollar property. The median home price is 2.2m.

    This would be a super cool place to own and I am betting that anyone serious about the home will be able to meet the agent there anytime you say.

    I just hope the nightly revenue will justify the purchase price.

    Why are you selling?

  • Long Island NY · Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Thank you so much. I am representing the seller who owns several Airbnb's all over. I will def try that FB page. Thanks for the tip!

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    3y

    Also @Raquel Knoell, you could create a Pro account here and list the properties in the classifieds section. A lot of investors hang out there.

  • Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 941 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Raquel Knoell:

    Hi all! I currently have an amazing 4BR 4.5 BR fully renovated home with pool in East Hampton that is a well established Airbnb.

    The good news is that the house has bookings practically every weekend. The challenge with so many bookings is that showings on weekends are super challenging. 

    Any advice on how I can market to Airbnb investors? Available Showings are mostly midweek between bookings.

    This should be exactly what an investor wants to hear, if I can only get them into the home. 

    It's an amazing property and I want to make sure I am exposing it to the right (qualified)clientele.

    Any advice is greatly appreciated!

    Thanks in advance for your help!

    Raquel 


    Make sure it's marketed as an Airbnb on the listing and you should be fine. Also have your P&L uploaded in the MLS documents. Saves a lot of time (my personal pet peeve)

  • Lender · New York, NY · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Any update on if this property sold or is still on the market?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.