La Quinta seeing decline in Short Term Rental complaints!

La Quinta seeing decline in Short Term Rental complaints!

Investor · Cathedral City, CA · Member since 2017 · 76 posts · 25 votes

If you are investing in the Palm Springs, California area you know that we have very few towns that are hospitable towards STRs. Desert Hot Springs, Indio, and La Quinta are some of the select few. La Quinta's short term rental future just got a little brighter as the city is reporting significantly less complaints over the last year (full story link below). Hopefully that is becoming a steady trend!

https://www.desertsun.com/story/news/local/la-quinta/2023/02/23/la-quinta-reports-big-drop-in-short-term-rental-complaints-citations-in-2022/69925694007/

1Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Bruce WoodruffPro Member
Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
3y

I hope that trend continues! My belief is that as the STR industry grows - and matures - they will become more amenable to cities and people will realize their value.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    3y

    I hope that trend continues! My belief is that as the STR industry grows - and matures - they will become more amenable to cities and people will realize their value.

  • Investor · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 754 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bruce Woodruff:

    I hope that trend continues! My belief is that as the STR industry grows - and matures - they will become more amenable to cities and people will realize their value.

    Couldn’t agree more!
  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    3y

    I really comes down to good STR owners. If you run a tight ship, things will be smoother for others.

  • Investor · CA · Member since 2023 · 196 posts · 107 votes
    1y

    La Quinta is terrible now for short term rentals.  I just sold my last one out there.  It was a gold mine for about 10 years. I had 2 rentals and was netting 20K a month after all expenses. It eventually became maybe 2-3K profit for both total and no longer worth it.

  • New to Real Estate · Miami · Member since 2025 · 46 posts · 23 votes
    1y

    I saw "La Quinta" and rentals and thought it was related to the hotel chain, until I realized you were talking about a city! (And that article is behind a paywall for me!)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.