Guesty For Hosts Frustrations

Guesty For Hosts Frustrations

Member since 2021 · 18 posts · 2 votes

Listed our first STR property last month and started using Guesty for Hosts as my management software to consolidate across platforms. Everything was fine when just using Airbnb (though you could argue against needing 3rd party software for one platform) but have been very frustrated since integrating VRBO. A couple of my frustrations:

1. Once you integrate VRBO, you can no longer edit your listing on the platform and have to email customer support to make any changes to it.

2. 10-15min delay in messaging

3. Have 3 VRBO bookings so far and only 1 has successfully synched across all platforms, which had me almost double book dates on Airbnb...still can't block those dates b/c I have to do it on Guesty and they're blocked on there but it's not synching w/ Airbnb. One booking from 2 days ago shows on my Guesty calendar but is still not fully registered with the software as no automated messages have been sent to the guests.

4. Have to use 3rd party payment software which allowed a customer to book with an expired credit card. Also, by having to do this VRBO no longer remits my local taxes. So each month I will have to calculate out what was successfully remitted via Airbnb and what I'll need to do myself from my VRBO bookings.

5. Still have not found out how to speak with customer service on the phone...everything has had to been done via email...a big reason why I'm now venting on bigger pockets

I paid for the annual subscription for the year so I guess I'm stuck with it for now but unless they smooth out these integration issues I will probably switch. I'm using 3rd party software to try and automate as much as my operation as possible, but I find myself troubleshooting way more than if I were using no management software at all. Was considering putting my listing on Booking.com but I'm honestly terrified now to integrate another platform. 

Is anyone else having similar issues with Guesty? Anyone extremely pleased with the software they're currently using?

2Reply
174 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2017 · 543 posts · 474 votes
3y

@John Underwood I agree. I use the automated messaging for most of my communications but if a guest adds personal info or comments to their booking I always add a personal response.

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Lake Worth, FL · Member since 2015 · 107 posts · 54 votes
    3y

    I manage 11 listings total and have tried every PMS out there. With that said, I ran into the same issue as you with Guesty. Thats a deal breaker for me. I need to be able to update on the listing platform in real-time.

    I have tested Guesty, Owner-Rez, Uplisting, lodgify and Hospitable.

    I now use Hospitable and SWEAR by it. It's not overloaded with features you don't need. It's probably the cheapest PMS out there, and it works. It doesn't use full VRBO API integration so you're not going to have that issue or have to wait to do anything with your listings.

    Their team is awesome and is frequently upgrading the platform with new features. I will admit it's lacking a few features I would really like, but it does the IMPORTANT stuff well!

    Auto Messaging (with A.I.)

    Unified Inbox

    Auto Reviews

    Channel/Calendar Sync

    Smart Lock Integration

    Pricelabs Integration

    Cleaning/Task Management


  • Rental Property Investor · Bridgewater, NJ · Member since 2022 · 42 posts · 12 votes
    3y

    Has anyone tried to build a direct booking website with Guesty for Hosts? How are you supposed to setup booking notifications and how do you communicate with the guests? I built one and had a friend place a booking, but I did not receive anything that told me someone booked. Thanks in advance!

  • Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis · Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    It was easy to set it up, but I am very concerned about their Price Optimizer...

    It tells me the average market base price is $214/night, but it provides an "Automatic base price" (an algorithmic tool based on local market demand) of $3160/night and no one from customer service can tell me why there is such a discrepancy. It makes me very reluctant to trust their software to price my property correctly.


    I can confirm their customer service is atrocious. Other than that and the sketchy Price Optimizer tool it does what its advertised to do at a very competive price.

  • Cliff H.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Nashua, NH · Member since 2014 · 587 posts · 477 votes
    2y

    Lots of people here equating Guesty (for Pros) to Guesty for Hosts. Keep in mind these are different products for different markets: Hosts is the former YourPorter product and bought out to address an entry level < 10-20 listing portfolio , Guesty for Pros is the big brother with more advanced direct booking website and advanced features for larger portfolios. Both have their pros and cons and I would agree customer service is not a strength.

  • Rental Property Investor · Braintree, VT · Member since 2013 · 35 posts · 13 votes
    2y

    A little late on this thread but they started accepting / allowing bookings that couldn't happen with my turnover time. I complained and they said it was a glitch and it happens with software. This is a huge deal as it happened between two different turnovers before I took my listings off. They couldn't do anythign to correct it or guarantee it wouldn't happen again. This hadn't happened when I was just listed on Airbnb direct. I cancelled and have been very hestitant to pick a platform like that again because of this.

  • Member since 2021 · 14 posts · 11 votes
    2y

    I have had it with GfH, about to dump them. I have had messaging problems, calendar sync problems(literally the most basic thing they are supposed to do), and now it will not save notes on the calendar so I cannot recall why I blocked times as unavailable. 

    What platform do folks recommend as an improvement from GfH and what should I know before I leave the platform?

    I am onboarding my 3rd STR next month and refuse to be held hostage by GfH any longer.

    I feel kidnapped.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.