Airbnb damage claims and access to airbnb

Airbnb damage claims and access to airbnb

Minneapolis · Member since 2023 · 11 posts · 2 votes

I know this might be different for everyone but can property management deny you access to your own airbnb listing? My currently doesnt allow me to have access to make updates or changes to my listing or lets say update photos in a certain way that I want. 

My second question is, if there are property damages and that I need to submit a claim for those damages, I am not able to do it myself since I don't have the host access. For this situation, I have asked the property management group to submit the claims but they said they have not done that before and just charge the issue to me, which I find it very odd. 


Feel like have the property management is blocking alot of things that I want to do....anyone experienced this before? thanks

0Reply
28 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Sarah KensingerPro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · OH · Member since 2023 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Not having access to the listing is normal, it can be a chaotic mess if the owner and the PM are messing with the listing. Unfortunately, this would be the time to decide if you can let go of controlling the listing to a PM or if self-management is more for you. When it comes to property damages that is a completely different story and your PM is failing you badly! Since they are the host on the listing it's their job to make a claim through Aircover, because only the host can file claims. Better yet if they were truly looking after the care and details of your home there would be a Wavio policy, or something similar, that any and all damages would be run through. It might not be a bad idea to explore other management options, especially if you have not been comfortable with your PM. 

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    2y

    This is one of the many reasons we don't use a PM.

    It is my property, I expect to be able to modify my listing as I see fit.

    Like @Sarah Kensinger said, your PM is screwing you to the wall on damages. It is their responsibility to file claims as needed.

    I would kick them to the curb and do it yourself or find another PM.

  • Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
    Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y

    Did you sign a contract? I would refer to that.  We do not restrict owner access but they must make a reservation using their Owner's Portal which will generate them a code.  This is so owner's do not come and go without telling us.  Prior to that we had an owner just show up one weekend it was not booked and then when it booked last minute we had no idea he was there and it was a major issue.  However in general PM's cannot bar you entry to your property if you wish to enter, as with most things in life communication is key.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.