State of STR in North Myrtle Beach

State of STR in North Myrtle Beach

New to Real Estate · Greater Seattle Area · Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote

We're looking into our first STR and the AIRDNA numbers look solid for North Myrtle Beach, SC. I understand broader trends indicate a cool-down, but according to the number this remains a solid market.

Can anyone with knowledge of this market weigh in?

0Reply
23 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    2y

    Have you done a search @Faisal Tahiri? There are a lot of topics on Myrtle Beach.

    Have you chatted with an agent in the area?

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    2y

    I go to Myrtle Beach frequently. There is no shortage of condos with HOA fees. I've always been able to get a deal on a condo because there is so much competition.

    That being said I would definitely try and buy a house if you can swing it.

  • Myrtle Mike ThompsonBusiness Member
    Realtor · Myrtle Beach, SC · Member since 2016 · 350 posts · 204 votes
    2y

    @Faisal Tahiri The STR market remains strong in both Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach. However, AirDNA figures for this region are grossly inaccurate (mostly too optimistic). I've found the free calculators on Awning and Rabbu to be a bit closer to reality. Of course, nothing beats local knowledge and actual historical revenue data, so if you're not already working with an investor-friendly agent here in the area feel free to reach out. Happy to answer any additional questions you might have.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.