short-term rental or airbnb agent in Snoqualmie Pass?

short-term rental or airbnb agent in Snoqualmie Pass?

Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hi All-

I want to research short-term rental (STR) opportunities in Snoqualmie Pass (outside of Seattle). Does anyone have contact on those management agent in this region?

Specifically, I'm looking to see whether anyone has an agent that is specialized in full service management in this area

Much appreciated.

Regards,

Liying

0Reply
50 views

Most Popular Reply

Michael HaasBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Redmond, 🌧️ Seattle Investor-Agent | 🤑 Helped 400+ Clients Invest in Real Estate | 🏘️ Owns 23 WA Rentals & Airbnbs | 🏗️ Built 5 DADU's | 📈 You Can Do It Too · Member since 2016 · 724 posts · 3k+ votes
2y

@Liying Sui are you open to considering other STR markets? as Michael mentioned, Snoqualmie Pass has the worst cashflow of any Cascade Mountain Market - the prices are astronomically high because of the easy 30-45 minute commute to Bellevue and Redmond. They Airbnb nightly rates are also quite low, as its so close to Seattle most guests daytrip to that area so rental rates and occupancy aren't nearly as good as some investors expect.

If you have other reasons to buy on Snoqualmie Pass (such as wanting to retire to the cabin in a few years, or wanting to use it personally not just rent it out on Airbnb) I'd say go for it, but if ROI is a primary concern I would recommend Stevens Pass, Packwood, Ashford, or Glacier / Mt Baker over Snoqualmie Pass. DM me if you'd like the data comparing all those areas STR ROI so you can see what I'm talking about!

HouseHack Seattle | Michael Haas & Team572 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Taylor DaschBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Temple, TX · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 700 votes
    2y

    Have you looked into this? I looked a while back and the properties were extremely expensive there, even as a STR I dont see how they could make much money.

  • Sarah KensingerPro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · OH · Member since 2023 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    I don't know of an agent, but I think Chris Price at Your Signature Stays knows of one. Plus, he can give you all the ins and outs of STR in the Seattle area. I can't find his profile on Biggerpockets but you should be able to contact him through his site.

  • Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    @Sarah Kensinger thanks for the refer, i'll contact Chris

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    2y

    Just an FYI @Liying Sui, prices are high up there on the pass. I looked at a place just for fun. It was really nice mountain lodge type place like most up there.

    1.8m. No way it would cashflow.

  • Michael HaasBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Redmond, 🌧️ Seattle Investor-Agent | 🤑 Helped 400+ Clients Invest in Real Estate | 🏘️ Owns 23 WA Rentals & Airbnbs | 🏗️ Built 5 DADU's | 📈 You Can Do It Too · Member since 2016 · 724 posts · 3k+ votes
    2y

    @Liying Sui are you open to considering other STR markets? as Michael mentioned, Snoqualmie Pass has the worst cashflow of any Cascade Mountain Market - the prices are astronomically high because of the easy 30-45 minute commute to Bellevue and Redmond. They Airbnb nightly rates are also quite low, as its so close to Seattle most guests daytrip to that area so rental rates and occupancy aren't nearly as good as some investors expect.

    If you have other reasons to buy on Snoqualmie Pass (such as wanting to retire to the cabin in a few years, or wanting to use it personally not just rent it out on Airbnb) I'd say go for it, but if ROI is a primary concern I would recommend Stevens Pass, Packwood, Ashford, or Glacier / Mt Baker over Snoqualmie Pass. DM me if you'd like the data comparing all those areas STR ROI so you can see what I'm talking about!

    HouseHack Seattle | Michael Haas & Team572 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.