Best overall PMS - guest communication/guides

Best overall PMS - guest communication/guides

Investor · Los Angeles · Member since 2022 · 107 posts · 48 votes

I know it's been asked & answered many times but since there seem to be so many new companies out there, hoping for an update...

Looking for STR management software recommendations, and one of the features I'm particularly interested in is the ability to have instruction guides for the guests for how to work different things in the house.

Thanks!

1Reply
57 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Minneapolis · Member since 2023 · 265 posts · 162 votes
2y

Hospitable is a lot of people's favorite and is very strong on guest messages with their AI platform.  I just interviewed them for my webinar series and was surprised how advanced the features are.  Biggest dig: no accounting functions.  I don't manage my clients' booking revenue so it's fine with me.

I have an AI for STRs slide deck. Let me know if you'd like a copy.

See this reply in the discussion

17 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 483 posts · 189 votes
    2y

    i been using hospitable (use to be smartbnb back then). whistle and bell for all most everything 

  • Investor · Minneapolis · Member since 2023 · 265 posts · 162 votes
    2y

    Hospitable is a lot of people's favorite and is very strong on guest messages with their AI platform.  I just interviewed them for my webinar series and was surprised how advanced the features are.  Biggest dig: no accounting functions.  I don't manage my clients' booking revenue so it's fine with me.

    I have an AI for STRs slide deck. Let me know if you'd like a copy.

  • Simon W.Business Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Lehigh Valley PA & New York City · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 668 votes
    2y

    @Theresa Holl so what you are saying is that there is a market for accounting services for people who uses Hospitable? LOL

    But this is helpful to know that they have an AI platform focused on guest messaging.

    Accounting Properties LLC
    View Page
    CFO LLC
    View Page
  • Investor · Minneapolis · Member since 2023 · 265 posts · 162 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Simon W.:

    @Theresa Holl so what you are saying is that there is a market for accounting services for people who uses Hospitable? LOL

    But this is helpful to know that they have an AI platform focused on guest messaging.

    Haha - looks that way.  We'll see what the future holds.  
  • Sarah KensingerPro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · OH · Member since 2023 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    We now recommend Jurny since we have enjoyed using their platform. There is some accounting included, like owner statements and keeping track of all the important numbers for a STR property...i.e. occupancy, revenue, RevPAR, etc.

    As for guidebooks I highly recommend going on Etsy and finding templates for hard copies and templates for a digital copy. Most of them are $10 or a bit more with extra digital items included, and it's very easy to add your info, brand the colors and then upload it to Dropbox. After that just give guests the link and your set! As of right now you don't need a subscription for basic Dropbox, which is perfect for just sending links to guests. 

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Theresa Holl:

    Hospitable is a lot of people's favorite and is very strong on guest messages with their AI platform.  I just interviewed them for my webinar series and was surprised how advanced the features are.  Biggest dig: no accounting functions.  I don't manage my clients' booking revenue so it's fine with me.

    I have an AI for STRs slide deck. Let me know if you'd like a copy.


     I'd like a copy!

  • Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
    Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y

    We use Streamline as they are the legacy provider for larger portfolios.  Full trust accounting software, which is very important as it gets complicated the more you scale.  They are not as attractive to bells and whistles but they have all the core functions down pat and then integrate with other software's for the guest functionality items.

    We had Guesty before and they had a lot of cool automations, but accounting was bad 3 years ago and we had to get the accounting down.

    Likely you will not find the "perfect" software you.  You will get one maybe 80% of what you want and have to adjust systems or supplement from there IMO.

    Choose wisely, switching is a big PITA

  • Investor · Minneapolis · Member since 2023 · 265 posts · 162 votes
    2y
    Quote from @John Underwood:
    Quote from @Theresa Holl:

    Hospitable is a lot of people's favorite and is very strong on guest messages with their AI platform.  I just interviewed them for my webinar series and was surprised how advanced the features are.  Biggest dig: no accounting functions.  I don't manage my clients' booking revenue so it's fine with me.

    I have an AI for STRs slide deck. Let me know if you'd like a copy.


     I'd like a copy!


     Sure thing.  What's a good email for you John?  It's meant to be presented so I can flesh out the bullet points in more detail if you'd like to chat on any of it. 

  • Investor · Los Angeles · Member since 2022 · 107 posts · 48 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Theresa Holl:

    Hospitable is a lot of people's favorite and is very strong on guest messages with their AI platform.  I just interviewed them for my webinar series and was surprised how advanced the features are.  Biggest dig: no accounting functions.  I don't manage my clients' booking revenue so it's fine with me.

    I have an AI for STRs slide deck. Let me know if you'd like a copy.


     Thanks Theresa, yes would love the AI please!

  • Investor · Los Angeles · Member since 2022 · 107 posts · 48 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Sarah Kensinger:

    We now recommend Jurny since we have enjoyed using their platform. There is some accounting included, like owner statements and keeping track of all the important numbers for a STR property...i.e. occupancy, revenue, RevPAR, etc.

    As for guidebooks I highly recommend going on Etsy and finding templates for hard copies and templates for a digital copy. Most of them are $10 or a bit more with extra digital items included, and it's very easy to add your info, brand the colors and then upload it to Dropbox. After that just give guests the link and your set! As of right now you don't need a subscription for basic Dropbox, which is perfect for just sending links to guests. 


     Thanks Sarah, and will be reaching out soon once the rehab is completed;)

  • Real Estate Agent · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2020 · 490 posts · 205 votes
    2y

    I love IGMS. very simple easy software to use and always improving. super competitive rates on it as well

  • Investor · Humble, TX · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 22 votes
    2y

    So far love IGMS , not sure about their accounting 

  • Investor · Wheat Ridge, CO · Member since 2021 · 35 posts · 21 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Theresa Holl:

    Hospitable is a lot of people's favorite and is very strong on guest messages with their AI platform.  I just interviewed them for my webinar series and was surprised how advanced the features are.  Biggest dig: no accounting functions.  I don't manage my clients' booking revenue so it's fine with me.

    I have an AI for STRs slide deck. Let me know if you'd like a copy.


     Would love to see the slide deck!

  • New to Real Estate · Old Lyme, CT · Member since 2024 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    Does Hospitable have the function to create a direct booking website imported directly from your Airbnb listing?

  • INDIAN HARBOUR BEACH, FL · Member since 2014 · 29 posts · 7 votes
    2y

    @Simon W. @Travis Andres @Brian Malavsky If you're looking for AI messaging, my team has developed an in-house PMS that is now public called Hostvana (hostvana.io) who's core competency is messaging (along with free lock integration and other features) and is more advanced than Hospitable's for a very affordable price.
    Here are some recent replies in my personal account inbox:
    https://ibb.co/nk8KWbR (cleaning fee policy question)
    https://ibb.co/sgP0qmr (parking question and check on status)
    https://ibb.co/HCKVPd8 (random question answered with previous context)
    https://ibb.co/gv0tY16 (early check-in reply after checking calendar. We also recently added an early check-in upsell that checks for reservations checking in today with no same-day check-out and proposes an early check-in).
    @Will Boller We also generate a direct booking site for free

    You are welcome to message me privately if interested.

  • Member since 2023 · 57 posts · 30 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jeremy Jareckyj:

    I love IGMS. very simple easy software to use and always improving. super competitive rates on it as well


     I also use iGMS and have been happy.  Reporting function is a little clunky, but I export to .csv to slice and dice anyway. 

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    2y

    We keep all the instructions in our welcome binder on the kitchen table. This works excellent for people of all ages.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.