Rental Property Investor · Member since 2021 · 12 posts · 4 votes
Hi
Just had a terrible guest without any reviews before. Don’t want to talk about details. I have been a super host for 2 years. Never had guests like this one before. This guest just wants a free stay. She threatened me that if I don’t give her a full refund she will definitely give me a bad review. I am here asking for any suggestions for how to handle it. Thanks!
Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
2y
I agree with Monique, contact Airbnb and get their assistance in the matter. There are some good and some not so good reps. If you do not get the support you need, try again. If you are a super host I am sure you have a lot of other positive reviews, so even if it does not get removed, I am sure you will be fine. Respond politely and professionally to the review, and move on.
Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
2y
I definitely agree that contacting Airbnb should be your first step. Most people do not realize though that a bad review does not hurt a host like you very much. If you have 100 good reviews and then you get a one star from her your ratings won't even drop.
However, most guests only have a few reviews. When you leave your one-star review for her, it will take her ratings down significantly. You might want to make her aware of this..
I definitely agree that contacting Airbnb should be your first step. Most people do not realize though that a bad review does not hurt a host like you very much. If you have 100 good reviews and then you get a one star from her your ratings won't even drop.
However, most guests only have a few reviews. When you leave your one-star review for her, it will take her ratings down significantly. You might want to make her aware of this..
Is sending out some goombas to break knee caps an option? 🤣
I definitely agree that contacting Airbnb should be your first step. Most people do not realize though that a bad review does not hurt a host like you very much. If you have 100 good reviews and then you get a one star from her your ratings won't even drop.
However, most guests only have a few reviews. When you leave your one-star review for her, it will take her ratings down significantly. You might want to make her aware of this..
Is sending out some goombas to break knee caps an option? 🤣