STR soap and toilet paper

Most Popular Reply

Atlanta · Member since 2022 · 712 posts · 642 votes
1y

maybe just me, dont go cheap on TP. you can buy inexpensive, but make sure it doesnt feel cheap. its worth an extra couple of dollars so guests dont remember that everything felt cheap

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Sarah Kensinger:
    Quote from @JD Martin:
    Quote from @Trent Reeve:
    Quote from @JD Martin:

    Whatever toilet paper you use make sure it breaks down fast and easy in the toilet. You might be shocked by the amount of toilet paper some people use for their "functions" and some of the fancier stuff does not disintegrate as easily.

    Personally, I cannot remember a single place I've ever stayed in my life - STR, hotel, whatever - that I can remember liking or disliking the toilet paper. As long as it cleans my bum I don't really spend a lot of time thinking about it, and I suspect most of your guests won't either.


     I disagree. Especially if im paying a decent amount, i remember if they went cheap on the TP. maybe its just me.

    It's just you. But you can run your own tests on this. Put in expensive toilet paper and see if you get comments on how nice and cushiony it is. Or put in cheaper paper and see if you get comments on how it feels like sandpaper. Since you're new to real estate (according to the title), you really don't have anything to base it on other than your own personal experiences staying elsewhere. It's entirely possible you have a super sensitive derriere that needs pampering. Most people are just happy if their hand doesn't break through the sheet. Hell, you could go all out and just install a bidet and forego the toilet paper altogether. 

    I think you'll find no one is going to care so long as it's not sandpaper or thin enough to read through. 
    This is probably the most comical post I have yet to come across! :D

     Oh, stick around. We haven't gotten our annual what-should-I-do-with-my-haunted-house post yet. Come to think of it, what happened to the my-property-manager-is-shacking-up-with-my-tenant posts? Or the my-Airbnb-was-used-as-a-porn-studio posts? I have a special fondness for I-found-a-pile-of-gold-in-a-crapshack-basement-help-me-invest posts.

  • Sarah KensingerPro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · OH · Member since 2023 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jim K.:
    Quote from @Sarah Kensinger:
    Quote from @JD Martin:
    Quote from @Trent Reeve:
    Quote from @JD Martin:

    Whatever toilet paper you use make sure it breaks down fast and easy in the toilet. You might be shocked by the amount of toilet paper some people use for their "functions" and some of the fancier stuff does not disintegrate as easily.

    Personally, I cannot remember a single place I've ever stayed in my life - STR, hotel, whatever - that I can remember liking or disliking the toilet paper. As long as it cleans my bum I don't really spend a lot of time thinking about it, and I suspect most of your guests won't either.


     I disagree. Especially if im paying a decent amount, i remember if they went cheap on the TP. maybe its just me.

    It's just you. But you can run your own tests on this. Put in expensive toilet paper and see if you get comments on how nice and cushiony it is. Or put in cheaper paper and see if you get comments on how it feels like sandpaper. Since you're new to real estate (according to the title), you really don't have anything to base it on other than your own personal experiences staying elsewhere. It's entirely possible you have a super sensitive derriere that needs pampering. Most people are just happy if their hand doesn't break through the sheet. Hell, you could go all out and just install a bidet and forego the toilet paper altogether. 

    I think you'll find no one is going to care so long as it's not sandpaper or thin enough to read through. 
    This is probably the most comical post I have yet to come across! :D

     Oh, stick around. We haven't gotten our annual what-should-I-do-with-my-haunted-house post yet. Come to think of it, what happened to the my-property-manager-is-shacking-up-with-my-tenant posts? Or the my-Airbnb-was-used-as-a-porn-studio posts? I have a special fondness for I-found-a-pile-of-gold-in-a-crapshack-basement-help-me-invest posts.

    I've been a regular contributor for years. Have yet to see any of the posts mentioned, so they must have stopped years ago.
  • Boulder, CO · Member since 2023 · 174 posts · 96 votes
    1y

    Costco for paper products. For hand soap, I use a higher end product out of France I buy in bulk that's gentle on the hands and has some fragrance (lemon, rosemary, etc.). For shampoo/body wash, I stock 3-in-1s that can be bought/refilled in bulk with no sulfates, phthalates, etc. But this is for ski in/out and guests tend to prefer more eco-friendly, etc. products. (And yes, most will bring their own personal products where it's important to them.)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.