Broomfield, CO · Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 2 votes
Hi all,
This is my first time posting in the forum. I have an STR in Grand Lake, CO and have had success over the last 7 years. After lots of market research I have landed on buying another STR property in Bella Vista, Arkansas. I would love to connect with anyone who has experience directly doing STRs in Bella Vista or is willing to share the pros and cons of an STR in this market. Please let me know if you are willing to connect and I'll shoot you my cell. Thanks!
Fayetteville, AR · Member since 2025 · 20 posts · 8 votes
1y
@Jeremy Lee I totally get it. I used to sell homes in Grand County and the front range and moved to Northwest Arkansas because of all the great growth that is happening here and the outdoor lifestyle. I'm getting to relive all the exciting growth I saw in Colorado and do it all over again in NWA! I think you are smart to invest in this region as it's poised for positive growth in everything from home values to population and community amenities!
Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
1y
I have no experience there, sorry. Just genuinely curious and interested how you landed on that location? I lived in AR temporarily while in the Army and never heard of it, and have been on these forums for about 3 years and never had anyone mention it. Good luck!
Broomfield, CO · Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 2 votes
1y
Hi Andrew. Thanks for the reply. People from Colorado where I'm from have been talking about Bentonville area as an up-and-coming mountain bike destination. It has a really nice mix of outdoor activities which are attractive to a lot of people and drawing in lots of visitors. The continued expansion of trails and plans to build a new downhill mountain bike park are fueling a lot of excitement. I have Colorado friends that have visited and absolutely love it and rave about the trail systems, natural beauty, and vibes. The market data also looks good in terms of population growth, low unemployment, housing appreciation rate, year over year rent growth, vacancy rates are low, etc. For us it will be an STR and also a place we can use a couple of times a year to vacation w friends/family. STR regs are fairly lenient and the city of Bella Vista is capping STRs at 600 which will eventually limit competition. They have issued around 420 currently and we are under contract now so should have no problems getting ours before they hit the 600 mark. Hope this is helpful.
Broomfield, CO · Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 2 votes
1y
In addition to my Colorado friends talking about the area as a destination it is also getting some press in places like the NY Times. I tried to insert the link but the app isn't cooperating at the moment. It was an article last week titled How an Arkansas City Became the Epicenter of the Biking World.
In addition to my Colorado friends talking about the area as a destination it is also getting some press in places like the NY Times. I tried to insert the link but the app isn't cooperating at the moment. It was an article last week titled How an Arkansas City Became the Epicenter of the Biking World.
You're absolutely correct. I own in Bella Vista and have been in northwest Arkansas for a long time and have seen tremendous growth. I don't know STR much but personally know many who have great success with it. Jeremy (anyone else) we should connect and see how we can be a resource to each other!
Fayetteville, AR · Member since 2025 · 20 posts · 8 votes
1y
@Jeremy Lee I totally get it. I used to sell homes in Grand County and the front range and moved to Northwest Arkansas because of all the great growth that is happening here and the outdoor lifestyle. I'm getting to relive all the exciting growth I saw in Colorado and do it all over again in NWA! I think you are smart to invest in this region as it's poised for positive growth in everything from home values to population and community amenities!
Real Estate Broker · Fayetteville, AR · Member since 2017 · 375 posts · 240 votes
1y
@Jeremy Lee NWA is a great place to invest. Would love to chat any time about STRS and Bella Vista. Currently we are more appreciation heavy and less cashflow heavy for STR's that are not value add or off-market deals. I have seen a saturation of STR's in Bella Vista, but also several people sell and get out.