We’re considering switching to Hospitable as our PMS. Up until now, we’ve only listed on VRBO, but we’d like to add Airbnb to hopefully bring in more bookings (it’s been a really slow Fall season so far in South Padre Island).
One thing that surprised me is that Hospitable doesn’t seem to have a customer support phone number. From what I can tell, everything goes through chat, and it doesn’t look like you ever get to speak with a live person by phone. Is that really the case?
For those of you already using Hospitable: once you were onboarded, have you run into any issues with getting support when problems come up?
Vrbo and Airbnb can synchronize calendars with each other.
Yes, we see that. My husband and I are going to sit down and consider both sides. We would like for the PMS system to make things flow smoother. We both work full-time and both take care of a parent with dementia so our hands are pretty full and whatever we can do to create a smooth system is what we are hoping for. And we are hoping layering Airbnb into the mix will help us get some additional rentals.
I had a full time job at one time and self managed. The Vrbo and Airbnb apps make things pretty easy and offer enough automated messages for me. It takes very little time for me to self manage.
I usually get instant bookings that require no input from me. It's rare I get someone asking a question as I have detailed listing description and great photos that answer all questions if people look.
Investor · Member since 2023 · 46 posts · 34 votes
1y
Never had an issue with their customer support.they have a good onboarding process and LOTS of online information that answered almost all my questions. Lemme know if you need help.
Never had an issue with their customer support.they have a good onboarding process and LOTS of online information that answered almost all my questions. Lemme know if you need help.
I appreciate that. We are going to look at the on boarding process and hopefully through all the steps. It will be easier than I think. Glad to hear you’ve had a good experience.
Vrbo and Airbnb can synchronize calendars with each other.
Yes, we see that. My husband and I are going to sit down and consider both sides. We would like for the PMS system to make things flow smoother. We both work full-time and both take care of a parent with dementia so our hands are pretty full and whatever we can do to create a smooth system is what we are hoping for. And we are hoping layering Airbnb into the mix will help us get some additional rentals.
Vrbo and Airbnb can synchronize calendars with each other.
Yes, we see that. My husband and I are going to sit down and consider both sides. We would like for the PMS system to make things flow smoother. We both work full-time and both take care of a parent with dementia so our hands are pretty full and whatever we can do to create a smooth system is what we are hoping for. And we are hoping layering Airbnb into the mix will help us get some additional rentals.
I had a full time job at one time and self managed. The Vrbo and Airbnb apps make things pretty easy and offer enough automated messages for me. It takes very little time for me to self manage.
I usually get instant bookings that require no input from me. It's rare I get someone asking a question as I have detailed listing description and great photos that answer all questions if people look.
Vrbo and Airbnb can synchronize calendars with each other.
Yes, we see that. My husband and I are going to sit down and consider both sides. We would like for the PMS system to make things flow smoother. We both work full-time and both take care of a parent with dementia so our hands are pretty full and whatever we can do to create a smooth system is what we are hoping for. And we are hoping layering Airbnb into the mix will help us get some additional rentals.
I had a full time job at one time and self managed. The Vrbo and Airbnb apps make things pretty easy and offer enough automated messages for me. It takes very little time for me to self manage.
I usually get instant bookings that require no input from me. It's rare I get someone asking a question as I have detailed listing description and great photos that answer all questions if people look.
Thank you so much for the feedback! We have great pictures and I believe our listing has enough information. It’s very rare that we ever have a question. I will definitely be figuring out which direction to go this week! Appreciate your response!
Real Estate Agent · Worcester, MA · Member since 2024 · 107 posts · 45 votes
1y
It’s really straightforward. I’m using it now, though I’m considering switching to Hostfully as we grow. To start out, Hospitable is excellent—simple to use with very responsive customer support. You can chat with them anytime, and they’re quick to help. For example, when I ran into an issue with their direct booking website, they resolved it immediately and got everything working.
It’s really straightforward. I’m using it now, though I’m considering switching to Hostfully as we grow. To start out, Hospitable is excellent—simple to use with very responsive customer support. You can chat with them anytime, and they’re quick to help. For example, when I ran into an issue with their direct booking website, they resolved it immediately and got everything working.
That’s really great to hear. Thank you for your feedback.
We’ve been using Hospitable for a while now and honestly, I’ve found them to be pretty responsive and helpful when issues come up, even without a phone option. Once you’re set up, most things run pretty smoothly.
Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
1y
I have a PM company and did not get a PMS until I was close to 10 properties. You can use do fairly well on Airbnb/VRBO alone and sync calendars, use Pricelabs for pricing, Schlage app for locks (I recommend Schlage), quickbooks for accounting, and spreadsheets for anything else.
Investor · Atlanta · Member since 2022 · 146 posts · 72 votes
1y
Hey Shannon - you’re right, Hospitable doesn’t have a phone line. Everything runs through chat or email, and they rely heavily on their knowledge base. That said, their support team is usually responsive once you get used to it, and a lot of hosts find the automation and integrations make up for the lack of live calls. If phone support is a must for you, you might want to compare them with Guesty for Hosts or Hostaway, since those do offer more direct customer service.
Curious: are you mainly looking for a PMS to manage messaging across Airbnb + VRBO, or also for pricing, cleaners, and reporting?