What service do you use when analyzing a deal? Eg: AIRDNA, Mashvisor Etc

What service do you use when analyzing a deal? Eg: AIRDNA, Mashvisor Etc

Member since 2025 · 1 post · 1 vote

Hello.

Newbie here. Just want to know if and what services do you recommend to use when looking at properties for possible income if doing STR. I am talking about AirDNA versus mash visor etc or any other method. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1Reply
91 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • AJ WongBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Oregon & California Coast · Member since 2022 · 822 posts · 696 votes
    11mo

    All of the above. Plus BNBCalc. Rabbu (with adjustments) and local reputable STR Property Managers can provide projections. Good luck.

    Sesemi | STR Brokers powered by Fathom Realty 516 Reviews
  • Collin HaysBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Gatlinburg, TN · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11mo

    I would never rely on a third party dataset to analyze a deal.  Go to VRBO and look at comps in the area.  Rates, occupancies, amenities, and do some math.  It will take you a few hours, but that's better than the few years it might take you to recoup your losses based on some software program.  

    AirDNA is right some of the time. But I am looking at a clock right now in my office that needs winding, and it's still right twice a day, too.

  • Real Estate Agent · Worcester, MA · Member since 2024 · 107 posts · 45 votes
    11mo

    Interesting, I didn't of the others aside from Airdna. Airdna helps with the baseline but know if you have strong ameneties like hot tubs, you might crush the airdna comps. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Louisiana · Member since 2017 · 215 posts · 148 votes
    11mo

    I use AirDNA mainly but always compare with AirBNB & VRBO directly. In addition, Pricelabs, Rabbu & local FB groups. I find AirDNA to be the most accurate when comparing with my current listings. Once you get above $50,000 I find it skews slightly.

  • Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
    Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11mo

    Personally I used a paid AirDNA account and then double check it using something like the enemy method.

  • Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 292 votes
    11mo

    I’d recommend starting with AirDNA for solid short-term rental data like occupancy, ADR, and revenue estimates. Mashvisor is good too but leans more toward long-term analysis. You can also cross-check with AllTheRooms or Rabbu for comps and revenue projections. I like using a mix to compare numbers before diving deeper.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.