AirBnB Hosting- Do you struggle to with interior/exterior designing?

AirBnB Hosting- Do you struggle to with interior/exterior designing?

Interior Decorator · Nationwide · Member since 2022 · 14 posts · 4 votes

I recently started an online interior design business, and I am curious about what AirBNB hosts struggle the most with when it comes to creating a space and getting those positive reviews and feedback from recent guests. How do you go about designing your space and what are the ways you employing do so? Are you relying on AI or do you shop for yourself. How much do you invest? What are your guests typically looking for in your space?

0Reply
153 views

Most Popular Reply

John UnderwoodPro Member
Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
10mo

No I don't struggle with this because it is so easy to do yourself. 

If you have no idea what to do just check out the best  competition and copy the stuff you like. 

You can even copy designs from a similar type property in another state that is a top performer. 

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    10mo

    No I don't struggle with this because it is so easy to do yourself. 

    If you have no idea what to do just check out the best  competition and copy the stuff you like. 

    You can even copy designs from a similar type property in another state that is a top performer. 

  • Mike GrudzienPro Member
    Lender · Eugene, OR · Member since 2019 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo

    I agree with John.  I get my ideas from high-performing properties all over.

  • Interior Decorator · Nationwide · Member since 2022 · 14 posts · 4 votes
    10mo

    Thank you all for your feedback!

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    10mo

    Same here. We go for homey and comfortable. We don't follow the trendy stuff so many people try to capture.

  • MD/DC · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo

    I think there is definitely a need for designers but for me I'm similar to the guys above. It is  especially helpful with condo/townhouse where I can see pics of same layout for furniture placement options. For furnishings my taste tends toward modern, somewhat minimal and expensive so I have to watch the bottom line. I'm usually around $25 sq foot.  Best wishes with your new business! 

    • Interior Decorator · Nationwide · Member since 2022 · 14 posts · 4 votes
      10mo
      Quote from @Jules Aton:

      I think there is definitely a need for designers but for me I'm similar to the guys above. It is  especially helpful with condo/townhouse where I can see pics of same layout for furniture placement options. For furnishings my taste tends toward modern, somewhat minimal and expensive so I have to watch the bottom line. I'm usually around $25 sq foot.  Best wishes with your new business! 

      Thanks! Would you benefit from custom designs ideas that fit a budget, sort of takes the guess work out of "looking high and low"?


  • Interior Decorator · Nationwide · Member since 2022 · 14 posts · 4 votes
    10mo

    Would you benefit from custom design ideas where you can fit within a certain budget?

  • MD/DC · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo

    I'm settling on one next month that is coming partially furnished and so far don't anticipate any issues finishing it off but appreciate the offer. 

    • Interior Decorator · Nationwide · Member since 2022 · 14 posts · 4 votes
      10mo
      Quote from @Jules Aton:

      I'm settling on one next month that is coming partially furnished and so far don't anticipate any issues finishing it off but appreciate the offer. 

      Absolutely! I value your feedback, this definitely helps with learning this business.
  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10mo

    We pay 3-4k per design to a remote designer for every new property we onboard. We want a fresh look to outshine the competition in the area without copying, and that reflects our brand, and the designer supplies the renderings per room, and furniture list within three days. 

  • Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
    Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10mo

    I do hire designers, but I do local and they handle most if not all of the entire project not just selection.

  • Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 292 votes
    10mo

    I still shop in person or online to get the right pieces. I try to invest in quality basics. Bedding, lighting, seating, and then layer in budget-friendly décor. Guests typically look for comfort, cleanliness, good lighting, and thoughtful touches that make the space feel intentional rather than generic.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.