Lake Arrowhead Airbnb - Thoughts on market?

Lake Arrowhead Airbnb - Thoughts on market?

Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2026 · 8 posts · 2 votes

Hi BP!

I'm currently looking at an Airbnb in the Lake Arrowhead market. The home is currently a successful Airbnb with great reviews, close to the lake and Lake Arrowhead Village. I'd love to put in a hot tub to generate even more bookings. 

Does anyone have thoughts on this market? 

Warmest Regards,

Alyssa Lundvall

Founder & Principal Designer, House of Hartley Interiors

0Reply
170 views

Most Popular Reply

John UnderwoodPro Member
Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
7mo

I would ask for their tax documents to prove income. This is usually a schedule E.

This will show if they are struggling or making money.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7mo
    Quote from @Alyssa Lundvall:

    Hi BP!

    I'm currently looking at an Airbnb in the Lake Arrowhead market. The home is currently a successful Airbnb with great reviews, close to the lake and Lake Arrowhead Village. I'd love to put in a hot tub to generate even more bookings. 

    Does anyone have thoughts on this market? 

    Warmest Regards,

    Alyssa Lundvall

    Founder & Principal Designer, House of Hartley Interiors

    Take a close look at the HOAs and if there is an allowed late access point. I know there are some that restrict lake access outside of owner occupants. 
    • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2026 · 8 posts · 2 votes
      7mo
      Quote from @Jon Martin:
      Quote from @Alyssa Lundvall:

      Hi BP!

      I'm currently looking at an Airbnb in the Lake Arrowhead market. The home is currently a successful Airbnb with great reviews, close to the lake and Lake Arrowhead Village. I'd love to put in a hot tub to generate even more bookings. 

      Does anyone have thoughts on this market? 

      Warmest Regards,

      Alyssa Lundvall

      Founder & Principal Designer, House of Hartley Interiors

      Take a close look at the HOAs and if there is an allowed late access point. I know there are some that restrict lake access outside of owner occupants. 

      Thanks, Jon! From my understanding lake access can be provided once registering the guest for the ALA short term rental guest list for the lake and hiking trails.

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    7mo

    I would ask for their tax documents to prove income. This is usually a schedule E.

    This will show if they are struggling or making money.

    • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2026 · 8 posts · 2 votes
      7mo
      Quote from @John Underwood:

      I would ask for their tax documents to prove income. This is usually a schedule E.

      This will show if they are struggling or making money.


       Awesome, thank you John!

  • Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
    Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7mo

    Are you familiar with how the overall market is performing? I think it is important to focus on that as well as how the individual unit is performing.

    • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2026 · 8 posts · 2 votes
      7mo
      Quote from @Andrew Steffens:

      Are you familiar with how the overall market is performing? I think it is important to focus on that as well as how the individual unit is performing.


       Thank you, Andrew!

  • Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 292 votes
    7mo

    Lake Arrowhead can be a solid STR market if the numbers make sense. It's a year-round destination with lake access, hiking, and winter traffic, so demand tends to stay pretty steady. Being close to the lake and the Village is definitely a big plus. A hot tub would likely help with bookings since guests expect that in mountain cabins. I'd just double-check the local STR rules and permit situation, as they can be strict in that area.

    • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2026 · 8 posts · 2 votes
      7mo
      Quote from @Andrew Street:

      Lake Arrowhead can be a solid STR market if the numbers make sense. It's a year-round destination with lake access, hiking, and winter traffic, so demand tends to stay pretty steady. Being close to the lake and the Village is definitely a big plus. A hot tub would likely help with bookings since guests expect that in mountain cabins. I'd just double-check the local STR rules and permit situation, as they can be strict in that area.


      Thanks for the great feedback, Andrew! I definitely want to incorporate adding a hot tub to increase ADR and more bookings! I'll double check the local STR rules and permitting.

  • Interior Decorator · Nationwide · Member since 2017 · 44 posts · 35 votes
    7mo

    Great existing design! Once you confirm Schedule E income. Focusing on adding / upgrading amenities would be a great next step to increase revenue by 30%!

  • Member since 2022 · 77 posts · 43 votes
    7mo

    I think the bigger issue in that area might be insurance - it has become very difficult/expensive to secure because of wildfires. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.