Realtors + STR Investors: Why This Partnership Is So Powerful

Realtors + STR Investors: Why This Partnership Is So Powerful

Member since 2026 · 7 posts · 3 votes

Something I've noticed working with STR investors is how powerful the relationship between realtors and STR operators can be.

The right agent can help identify properties with STR potential, but many investors also need help with:

- Setting up the property

- Renovation + design decisions

- Optimizing the listing 

- Managing the property long term

When realtors partner with experienced operators, it can create a much better experience for the investor.

Curious if any agents or investors here have partnered this way - what has your experience been?

1Reply
79 views

Most Popular Reply

Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
6mo

I am a STR PM Company Owner & Sales Broker. 95% of my clients are out of state and unaware of zoning regulations here, as well as what locations and amenities are most desirable to get the highest ROI. Since I manage property I have my finger on the pulse of the rental market I can make a suggestions that keep clients out of regulatory trouble and in the black (as best as possible). They also do not pay my fee - the seller does (typically). Most of my clients are high income earners seeking tax benefits so they are busy and I save them a lot of time, at the very least.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Collin HaysBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Gatlinburg, TN · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6mo

    I've never found that partnering with a real estate agent can help me rent my properties. In fact, they often aren't even very useful in buying or selling a property, but that's another subject for another day.

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    6mo

    I just use realtors to open the doors of listed properties so I can see inside.

    I buy and sell houses all the time without realtors.

  • Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
    Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6mo

    I am a STR PM Company Owner & Sales Broker. 95% of my clients are out of state and unaware of zoning regulations here, as well as what locations and amenities are most desirable to get the highest ROI. Since I manage property I have my finger on the pulse of the rental market I can make a suggestions that keep clients out of regulatory trouble and in the black (as best as possible). They also do not pay my fee - the seller does (typically). Most of my clients are high income earners seeking tax benefits so they are busy and I save them a lot of time, at the very least.

  • MD/DC · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6mo

    I think it depends on the buyer's experience and if they are purchasing in an area they know. I have had Realtors who in the end were essentially worthless and a few who were extremely helpful, most notably the ones who were investors themselves.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.