Maximizing STR cashflow during the world cup

Most Popular Reply

Mike GrudzienPro Member
Lender · Eugene, OR · Member since 2019 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5mo
Quote from @John Underwood:

I would check price and availability of other nearby properties and set price accordingly.

I wouldn't get too greedy or you could possibly get nothing. 


 I agree with John.  And I'll add, offer the set of dates as a block.  You don't want someone booking 1 or 2 nights right in the middle....

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    5mo

    I would check price and availability of other nearby properties and set price accordingly.

    I wouldn't get too greedy or you could possibly get nothing. 

    • Mike GrudzienPro Member
      Lender · Eugene, OR · Member since 2019 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      5mo
      Quote from @John Underwood:

      I would check price and availability of other nearby properties and set price accordingly.

      I wouldn't get too greedy or you could possibly get nothing. 


       I agree with John.  And I'll add, offer the set of dates as a block.  You don't want someone booking 1 or 2 nights right in the middle....

  • Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
    Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5mo

    Definitely do not rely solely on pricing software.  When we had the Superbowl in Tampa the software about doubled rates that should have been 3-5x or more.

    • Jorge VazquezBusiness Member
      Real Estate Broker · Tampa, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 685 votes
      5mo
      Quote from @Andrew Steffens:

      Definitely do not rely solely on pricing software.  When we had the Superbowl in Tampa the software about doubled rates that should have been 3-5x or more.

      I remember that too, and you’re 100% right. Back during the Super Bowl here in Tampa before Airbnb and VRBO took over, we were already doing it manually. My team literally built our own site, charged about $500 just to list a spot, and we were renting houses for $10K a week without any fancy pricing software telling us what to do. That’s exactly why I don’t fully trust those tools today. They react to data, but they don’t understand real demand in the moment. Big events like that aren’t about “doubling” rates, they’re about knowing your market and pushing it to where it actually should be.

      Graystone Investment Group4.6277 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.