Where to buy sofa beds for vacation rentals

Where to buy sofa beds for vacation rentals

San Francisco, CA · Member since 2014 · 161 posts · 26 votes

I want to buy some sofa beds for my Airbnb rental in Northern California. Any website or store to get a good price/quality? Do you recommend leather or fabric?

0Reply
43 views

Most Popular Reply

Gretna, LA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 5 votes
10y

update: I ended up buying a queen sofa bed from a local hotel liquidation store.The brand is Kellex Seating with Zen sleeper.

I really liked it. Very sturdy and firm. The mattress is pretty firm but also soft with a pillow top (I slept on it one night to test it out). I like the fact that the bed is as high as a regular bed. The fabric is easy to take care.  You can wipe off some stains right after the accident. The price is a fraction of a brand new sofa with similar quality. That helps to keep the cost down for starters. We also use it as our everyday sofa in the den. 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · La Quinta, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 779 votes
    10y

         I put this in a larger bedroom in one of my vacation rentals, and have been pleased with it.  I wouldn't use it as the primary living room couch, but as a secondary couch that also sleeps 4, it's worked well and looks great.  The room now sleeps up to 6 people, but doesn't look like we slammed a bunch of beds in a room distastefully.

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014P3P3RW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

  • Investor · Auburn, CA · Member since 2016 · 57 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    I bought this at sleep train:  It is durable and comfortable.  $599 a bit high but worth it.  Double bed and couch with arm rest.  I did see it at costco for less but never know if it will be there when you get there.

  • Charleston, WV · Member since 2016 · 42 posts · 37 votes
    10y
    Definitely don't skimp on the sofa bed. A bad nights sleep will ruin the entire stay for your guest and may result in bad reviews.
  • Charleston, WV · Member since 2016 · 42 posts · 37 votes
    10y
    I would visit some local furniture stores and test out the sofa beds.
  • Gretna, LA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    I have been looking for a sleeper sofa as well and currently marked a few places down:

    jossandmain.com (sometimes they run promotion you can get good deals)

    wayfair.com

    overstock.com

    surprisingly, walmart has a couple with good reviews but you may want to go there and check it out yourself.

  • Gretna, LA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    update: I ended up buying a queen sofa bed from a local hotel liquidation store.The brand is Kellex Seating with Zen sleeper.

    I really liked it. Very sturdy and firm. The mattress is pretty firm but also soft with a pillow top (I slept on it one night to test it out). I like the fact that the bed is as high as a regular bed. The fabric is easy to take care.  You can wipe off some stains right after the accident. The price is a fraction of a brand new sofa with similar quality. That helps to keep the cost down for starters. We also use it as our everyday sofa in the den. 

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Agree with most of the opinions. But don't you think about slipcovered sofas. Here is the decent list. Also easy to browse and buy via Amazon

  • Member since 2021 · 67 posts · 52 votes
    5y

    Fabric is probably the way to go, leather can be less forgiving. Best to stick to patterns/colors that will hide scuffs and stains. If you're buying multiple, it's worth reaching out to all the local retailers to see who will give you the best discount for multiple purchases. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.