Has anyone on BP used Evolve Vacation Rentals

Has anyone on BP used Evolve Vacation Rentals

Investor · Fort Pierce, FL · Member since 2014 · 94 posts · 46 votes

Hi Everyone,

We are closing on a vacation rental on Hutchinson Island, Ft Pierce Florida 1st week in December and have been talking to the folks from Evolve Vacation Rentals.  They charge a flat rate of 10% and list on multiple sites.  Has anyone used them and would be willing to share their experience.

Thanks In Advance,

Joe

0Reply
86 views

Most Popular Reply

John UnderwoodPro Member
Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
9y

Joe,

10% sounds very reasonable for managing a vacation rental.

I don't use a PM. I use Homeaway.com to advertise, take payments, manage my calendar ect.

I also have an AirBNB account but it doesn't produce many vacation rentals.

I have a great housekeeper that I text to schedule my cleaning.

I use a Lockbox for keys.

I have 2 Honeywell 9000 series thermostats to adjust temp when no one is there.

I also just recently installed a camera system so I can see who arrives and make sure no one is breaking in when vacant.

Very easy to manage remotely once everything is going.

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    I realize it's an old thread, but for those who use Evolve and pay cleaning/maintenance services separately does it make a big difference financially compared to using full service short term rental company?  We are buying a vacation home in a resort in Orlando to also use as a short term rental, but we live 14 hours away, so we'll definitely need full service. Trying to figure out whether going with Evolve and using separate companies for cleaning etc is worth the hassle.

  • Hatfield, PA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 629 votes
    7y

    I have seen a lot of negative about using evolve or vacasa or other similars.

    isn't just 10%. They also charge your clients a high fee.

    and you also still need to be the boots on the ground, so if you were that far away I don't see how it helps you.

    there are a number of people who remotely manage, on this forum and you should pay attention to them

  • James ColganPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · North NJ · Member since 2017 · 77 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    @Monika Haebich

    Looking into potentially purchasing rental property in Myrtle Beach area and want to know where is best place to look to gather info on possible income in both on/off seasons. Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.