Vacation Management Software

Vacation Management Software

Investor · Valley Glen, CA · Member since 2013 · 247 posts · 111 votes

Can anyone recommend a good software or a good company they use?

Basically I have 3 properties now and expanding out. I'm looking for something that connects with AirBnB, VRBO, Booking, Flip Key as well as my own site. Want to have automated emails to guests and cleaners, have the data, easily change the pricing across all platforms- things like that. 

I saw a demo of LiveRes and Guesty and both seemed pretty good- with Guesty being cheaper at 3% and no fees, but would like to explore other options as well.  

1Reply
177 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 155 posts · 68 votes
9y

I've been using VR Easy for my vacation rentals for over a year now. It syncs your calendar with all major platforms and automates emails and texts to guests, cleaners, etc. 

I have two properties and pay around $12/month per property, which I think is very reasonable. I just checked their site and looks like I may be grandfathered into the old pricing. Looks like the new plans start at $87/month, which gets you up to 12 properties.

See this reply in the discussion

65 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Brokerage/Vacation Homes/Short Term Vacation Home Rental Marketing · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 159 posts · 127 votes
    9y

    Emily -

    Are you a property manager with multiple short term rental properties or are you looking for software for managing your own vacation home(s)?

    A major drawback with all of them is they don't sync reviews.  In other words, you are not alerted when a review is left on your listing(s), and you can't reply to a review when one is left.  Reviews are very important toward success with bookings so make sure to weigh this in your decision to even use a vacation software.

    Also keep in mind that with VReasy and most others, you still have to pay for any listing subscriptions (like with HomeAway/VRBO) over and above the cost of the software.  One exception to this is MyVR software, which includes the listing subscriptions and a separate website in the total price quoted.

    Keith

  • Rental Property Investor · Panama City Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 44 posts · 44 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Mike R.:

    I love to hear more about the myvr channel manager. Do you have to have a certain amount of properties in order for that to work?  do you pay an extra fee? What I'd really like to find a software solution that lets me change the price in one place and changed it across all platforms

     Mike,

    Did you ever find a software that does this? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Panama City Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 44 posts · 44 votes
    8y

    MY property Management software analysis.. Just my opinions on the review score based on my specific needs but perhaps some of you can find this useful. 

  • Investor · Valley Glen, CA · Member since 2013 · 247 posts · 111 votes
    8y

    Do you have a full analysis/ reviews of these? 

  • Rental Property Investor · North Fork, NY · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 631 votes
    8y

    @Marc Jackson Thanks for sharing the results of your analysis. We self-manage but we're looking to automate, especially in the area of pricing and syncing across airbnb and vrbo. I'm going to look at lodgify and MyVR but I'm not sure we can justify the monthly costs. Are they website platforms that allow you to build it out, and sync calendars, and do the pricing based on algorithms (like wheelhouse prices)?

  • Specialist · FL · Member since 2017 · 139 posts · 88 votes
    8y

    @Nancy Bachety take look at https://www.orbirental.com/. They are on the rise and they cover all aspects needed to self-manage. Personally never signed up with them because I needed a built-in accounting feature to bill clients/handle taxes but the feedback/reviews have all been 5 stars so far.

  • Real Estate Broker · East TN Loudon/Lenoir City/Tellico Village · Member since 2014 · 363 posts · 222 votes
    7y

    This thread has been the most informative so far after weeks of research onine for  VR property management software. We have many properties of our own plus manage many for other owners. 

    Has anyone had success with unified inbox and APP  messaging. We have tried Your Porter but it was glitchy. Guesty, Lodgify, and Host Away advertise android apps. Plus tons of other features. 

    Definitely in analysis paralysis much harder and time consuming deciding on this then purchasing investment properties.  VR Easy seems very popular and online reviews are glowing. Going to check it out even though there's no app!

    Looking for quality client reporting also. Ive read where lots of the current services you download excel then modify. Currently doing that now. 

    Also not excited about subscription based would prefer flat fee. This week we are scheduled for demo with Guesty and Host Away. Host away has very nice streamlined looking app interface. 

    Will report findings!

    Rhonda/RnRCabins

  • Specialist · Middle Grove, NY · Member since 2016 · 57 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    Hi @Rhonda Blue - 

    I'd love to learn about what you find.  The only thing I can offer is our online property management software allows you to charge by the day, week or month. But it is a monthly fee. 

    Good luck and please share - Thank you

  • Hatfield, PA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 629 votes
    7y
    There are quite a few choices. All those features usually require a LOT of customization. 

    Three different forums suggested ownerreservations.com. So I used it. 

    You can also look at capterra.com, about the only place that has good software reviews such as in this category. 

    Some of these PMSes get dinged for not working well

    This is a REALLY important decision. Don't rush to any choice. 






    Originally posted by @Rhonda Blue:

    This thread has been the most informative so far after weeks of research onine for  VR property management software. We have many properties of our own plus manage many for other owners. 

    Has anyone had success with unified inbox and APP  messaging. We have tried Your Porter but it was glitchy. Guesty, Lodgify, and Host Away advertise android apps. Plus tons of other features. 

    Definitely in analysis paralysis much harder and time consuming deciding on this then purchasing investment properties.  VR Easy seems very popular and online reviews are glowing. Going to check it out even though there's no app!

    Looking for quality client reporting also. Ive read where lots of the current services you download excel then modify. Currently doing that now. 

    Also not excited about subscription based would prefer flat fee. This week we are scheduled for demo with Guesty and Host Away. Host away has very nice streamlined looking app interface. 

    Will report findings!

    Rhonda/RnRCabins

  • Real Estate Broker · East TN Loudon/Lenoir City/Tellico Village · Member since 2014 · 363 posts · 222 votes
    7y

    Ken Latchers - Ya I'm worried about spending hours on customization and the software still not doing what I need it to. Do you like ownerreservation? Does it give you quality owner reports without needing to download and customize in spreadsheets. 

  • Hatfield, PA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 629 votes
    7y
    If these companies have a lot of functionality they ALL require considerable customization. NONE are better than others in this regard. 

    You need to personalize/customize the rental agreement, email templates, descriptions, payments, security deposits, hooks to Airbnb, HomeAway, etc, etc etc. For your properties and markets

    No shortcuts, none make this quick and easy

    That being said, ownerreservations.com was liked on three different STR forums I follow. 

    Two person biz, but they are both vac rental owners. It is unbelievable how well tuned in they are to so many complexities in the market. They try hard to make it easier, and they do everything.

    I use their hosted website also, for many reasons. 

    Originally posted by @Rhonda Blue:

    Ken Latchers - Ya I'm worried about spending hours on customization and the software still not doing what I need it to. Do you like ownerreservation? Does it give you quality owner reports without needing to download and customize in spreadsheets. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Kennesaw, GA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    It sounds like Smoobu, Hostaway and Ownerrez are the 3 unanimous systems that check most of the boxes.  I appreciate Ken Latchers recommendation of Ownerrez.  Are there any other users out there that have dabbled with these platforms and can make a recommendation?

    Do these companies have software that automates the process of sending guests a code to access the door lock?  

  • Hatfield, PA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 629 votes
    6y

    I went to owner reservations last year because of many positive comments about it. It does everything, but I downsized my short term rental portfolio to furnished Luxury Rentals and I'm moving to Smoobu. and keeping simple for remaining.

    Search these forums on the products.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.