Chicago Airbnb guest Tenant Laws RLTO

Chicago Airbnb guest Tenant Laws RLTO

Professional · Chicago, IL · Member since 2012 · 197 posts · 131 votes

I have a guest that booked my place in Chicago for 30 days. I have read that if they book for 30 days or more then they are considered a tenant and have tenant rights (difficulty evicting etc)

I researched Chicago Ordinance and it says 

"Dwelling units in hotels, motels, inns, bed- and-breakfast establishments, roominghouses and boardinghouses, but only until such time as the dwelling unit has been occupied by a tenant for 32 or more continuous days and tenant pays a monthly rent, exclusive of any period of wrongful occupancy contrary to agreement with an owner."

So which is it. 30 or 32 days?

1Reply
21 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    I think "Chicago Ordinance" says it all, unless you or your legal counsel can find any County or State laws which would over-ride..

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    Any answers to this question?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.