La Quinta and Coachella Valley regulations to STR

La Quinta and Coachella Valley regulations to STR

Rental Property Investor · La Quinta, CA · Member since 2018 · 263 posts · 95 votes
Hi BP, Anyone in the La Quinta CA or nearby Coachella Valley doing Vacation rentals? I just listened in to a recent council meeting it looks like there may be some changes that might be coming up to the STR program in the area (permit parking system, 2 per bedroom max occupancy requirement, increased fines, maximum rooms available for rents etc). I know there are similar things going on in other markets and Palm Springs has it on their ballot next month to determine fate of their STR program. Just wanted to get some discussion going on what your thoughts are on this and whether this might impact your current business model (if it hasn’t already). Thanks!
0Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · La Quinta, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 779 votes
    8y

    I am active with a few homes in La Quinta, there is already an ordinance restricting occupancy by legal bedroom count, and I would definitely expect a few more changes along the way.  Better they continue to adapt and enforce a reasonable ordinance, as opposed to knee-jerk bans or drastic changes that some other cities have taken, in my opinion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.