Do you provide linens? Pros/cons to both?

Do you provide linens? Pros/cons to both?

Wilmington, MA · Member since 2015 · 32 posts · 2 votes

I was just under the assumption (like a hotel) that we would provide the linens but I spoke with some local owners this weekend and every place in the complex requires the guest to bring their own. This would make the process (turnover) much easier/faster but I feel you then loose that experience. What are you thoughts on this? The property will be a summer vacation rental, mostly rented by the week.

0Reply
117 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Northern, CA · Member since 2012 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
7y

From the perspective of a user of short term rentals, everything from short 2-night stays (~$500) in small condos to over a week stays in amazing beach front homes ($10,000), I would not stay in a place that doesn’t provide linens. 

I don’t own enough linens for all the beds in the places I book, and - even if I did - who wants to carry all that around with them when they travel. I’m surprised that’s even a thing. I’ve never seen that on any of the listings I’ve come across.

Anyway, just my two cents. 

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Cliff H.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Nashua, NH · Member since 2014 · 587 posts · 477 votes
    7y

    @Kerry Baird we all start in the same place, no worries there. For the comforters, I also read off AirHostsForum the recommendation to use the thinner style quilts versus the standard thick comforters (this may be what you already picked up). Quilts are far easier to clean, can be picked up at Marshalls or Ocean State pretty inexpensively, and tend to be just as warm as the Stay Puff Marshmallow comforters that would be near impossible to fit in a standard washing machine if you're changing anything over 2 beds/turnover. 

    I use bulk pack lint rollers you can pick up off Amazon to collect any hair left on the beds, which is huge never-want-to-see for guests staying in your place. 

    Good luck in the journey. As with anything, it's a learning experience and I continue to treat each turnover as an opportunity to tweak something in the system to make it better for my guests each time. 

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    On a side note, we normally don't bother drying the linens.  We wash the mattress pad covers first, then put them on the beds.  Next we wash sheets and pillow cases, then put them on the beds.  Finally we do the blankets and put them on the bed.  They will dry on their own before someone rents out the place.  YMMV.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.