Best On Line Booking Co

7 Replies

We currently have our condo on VRBO and have been fairly satisfied.  However, we are looking for additional booking companies and am looking for recommendations.  Please don't say Booking.com; ugh!  Thank you in advance, Linda

I use Homeaway/VRBO and Airbnb.

Homeaway/VRBO blows away Airbnb for me. I only get a handful of booking via Airbnb over the course of a year.

Hi @Linda Landry , I am with @John Underwood on this. We both have lake houses and both use the same services with the same experience. 90% of my bookings are with VRBO/HomeAway.

I have not tried Booking.com. You seem down on that I would like to know what your experience has been.

There is also Flipkey. I haven't tried it so I can't comment. Like John said, AirBNB is an avenue as well. 

Promotion
Apartments.com
List, Screen, Lease, Get Paid, Manage.
No Better Place to Lease Your Place
Owners rely on the #1 rental site to get the best results from their rental properties.
Get Started Now
Originally posted by @Linda Landry :

We currently have our condo on VRBO and have been fairly satisfied.  However, we are looking for additional booking companies and am looking for recommendations.  Please don't say Booking.com; ugh!  Thank you in advance, Linda

AirBNB!  At least 90% of my bookings come from AirBNB; the rest come through VRBO.  Interestingly, my properties are in markets where VRBO is generally tops, so I can't say why my proportion is so different, but there you have it.  Plus, it's free to list on and I find it more intuitive than VRBO (Booking.com is the woooorst) 

If you want bookings, be a businessperson. Do not understand your unhappiness, it is how you do worse. They do fine for me.

there are only four. Airbnb, booking.com, vrbo, tripadvisor/flipkey

Originally posted by @Linda Landry :

I'm on all those vacation rental sites, and get maybe 6 responses a year.  I turn most away because they are just staying 2-3 days.  Craigslist gets most of my responses from an online source.  Probably 2-5 calls a week.  I don't rent to people on vacation.  Refinery contractors are my normal renters.  Big burly, tobacco chewing, big truck driving, scary looking guys with neck tats.

@Linda Landry , I have 2 STRs.  I did VRBO only for a little over a year, then added my second unit.  I added AIR B&B when I did my second unit.  My second unit does nearly double the business that my first one does, and 90% of it is from AIR B&B.  Yet the other side has longer stays and is 70% VRBO.  I think the sites appeal to different groups.  The styles of my units are very different.