Sourcing for Furniture, potential delivery for Airbnb

8 Replies

My wife and I are about to start the "simple" and "headache free" process of furnishing our Airbnb property. We wanted to reach out asking you beautiful folks; where should we look to find some great deals on appliances/furnitures? 

Craigslist is the top one, we just wanted to see if there are any others that may be better in quality and also deliver? It is a big ask, my poor honda civic is not fit for trips with anything heavy. Thanks in advance friends! Let's rock out our journey and goals the rest of this year!

Where are you located?  We are Wayfair, Amazon, and local consignment stores in order of volume, but put out a design specific higher end product.

Hey @Eric Piccione , Craigslist is a major source of great deals. I also hit up the local thrift stores. Alot of great stuff ends up being donated.

I have to say to stick with USA made furniture. It will hold up much better than most of the over seas made stuff. IKEA is pretty good for some things.

Depending on the style you are looking to put out, there are some great Mexican classic stuff out there. It has a rustic style that would look great in a cabin or lake house. I have several pieces made in Mexico. Very cool stuff.

New mattresses for sure. I am using the Zinus Green Tea in our vacation home. 1.5" gel topper with a thick water resistant cover. We get compliments on the comfort regularly and it won't break the bank.

You can always just rent a cheap truck for moving the stuff. I also find a lot of folks selling on Craigslist will deliver as well.

If you are a weakling and would have trouble moving furniture and appliances (especially up stairs), a good source of labor is a football team.  It can be high school or college.  Just ask the coach to borrow 2 linebackers for an hour or two.  Donate some bucks to their program.

Originally posted by @John D. :

Where are you located?  We are Wayfair, Amazon, and local consignment stores in order of volume, but put out a design specific higher end product.

We're in Houston, our first thought was lowe's/home depot

Originally posted by @Michael Baum :

Hey @Eric Piccione, Craigslist is a major source of great deals. I also hit up the local thrift stores. Alot of great stuff ends up being donated.

I have to say to stick with USA made furniture. It will hold up much better than most of the over seas made stuff. IKEA is pretty good for some things.

Depending on the style you are looking to put out, there are some great Mexican classic stuff out there. It has a rustic style that would look great in a cabin or lake house. I have several pieces made in Mexico. Very cool stuff.

New mattresses for sure. I am using the Zinus Green Tea in our vacation home. 1.5" gel topper with a thick water resistant cover. We get compliments on the comfort regularly and it won't break the bank.

You can always just rent a cheap truck for moving the stuff. I also find a lot of folks selling on Craigslist will deliver as well.

Thank you Michael, What stores have you found are affordable and have good USA quality furniture? 

We will get a zinus mattress, they look incredible. As far as couches go, I guess we should just keep looking for couches on craigslist.

Well, the places I have found stuff are local to me. Most are consignment furniture shops. Seems to be a thing now. 

Plus I hit up a bunch of donation thrift stores. Lots of good art and things to decorate with.

The place I went to was called Consign Furniture in Liberty Lake, WA. You can check them out on the web to get an idea.