Skip to content
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Mark Vivanco
Votes |
Disney Short Term Rentals in Soltera Resorts good or not?

Mark Vivanco
Posted Feb 23 2021, 18:52

I am considering purchasing a Short Term Rental unit in Kissimmee/Davenport. The nicer resorts seem to have very high fees that, in situations like we are in today, make breaking even very tough. To pay CDD, HOA, Resort Fees, PM, etc. you can easily be over $1,000 and didn't even get to the mortgage, taxes, insurance, gas, electric and water. I fully appreciate having to pay some sort of HOA, but the CDD and other fees not as much. I focused in on Soltera Resorts since it seems they just have HOA fees. Does anyone have STR units there? what about another resort that anyone knows about that doesn't have all those fees? I'm figuring we could buy something, for now, with the hopes of at least breaking even, then when the pandemic is over, we can start to make money with more occupancy. I'm being told we should be able to get 50% occupancy right now. I don't know how realistic that is. When I ask for proof from owners, they are unable to provide. They say they have lots of weeks rented, but then i find their address, check i I can reserve a week and generally don't have a problem finding available weeks. So I question what many people are saying.

Loading replies...