New Real Estate Investor in Iowa!

New Real Estate Investor in Iowa!

New to Real Estate · IA · Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 4 votes

Hey all. For about a year now I have been studying, reading, and listening to podcasts on real estate investing. The time has come to start investing and I am eager to get my first small multifamily property under my belt in the Iowa City and Cedar Rapids area! I look forward to gaining connections with others on BiggerPockets! Anyone in this area please feel free to reach out and connect with me! Thanks!

2Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Robins, IA · Member since 2015 · 45 posts · 18 votes
4y

@Logan Aldinger

Welcome. I thus far only have done 3 single family homes in Cedar Rapids area but wouldn’t mind somebody else to talk thing over with. Message me anytime.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Iowa City, IA · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 14 votes
    4y

    @Logan Aldinger Hey Logan, welcome and congrats on starting your journey! I’m a realtor and investor in the area. Would love to chat with you!

  • Rental Property Investor · Robins, IA · Member since 2015 · 45 posts · 18 votes
    4y

    @Logan Aldinger

    Welcome. I thus far only have done 3 single family homes in Cedar Rapids area but wouldn’t mind somebody else to talk thing over with. Message me anytime.

  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    4y

    @Logan Aldinger welcome to BiggerPockets! I am from your neighboring state to the west! I used to travel to Cedar Rapids for business years ago. My customer at the time there was Rockwell Collins. It always seemed like a decent area with good industry. Welcome and great to connect with you!

  • Real Estate Broker · Iowa City, IA · Member since 2021 · 46 posts · 18 votes
    4y

    Hi Logan! 

    Welcome! I'm so excited for you! My husband and I have a local portfolio, like many others, as well as, serve as a general partner on a couple properties in Houston, TX (syndication). We started the same way, studying, reading, and listening to podcasts to get started and we haven't slowed down since beginning just a couple years ago. I quit my W2 job when we started to be more invested and aware of the local market and became a real estate agent. Feel free to ask any questions about investing and how we got started. Would love to connect!

  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa Florida · Member since 2013 · 630 posts · 303 votes
    4y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!!!!  I am and Investor/Realtor/ Short term and long term property manager in the Tampa Bay area.  I wish you the best of luck and if you ever feel like coming to Florida, just let me know!!!  If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out!!!  

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Logan! You came to the right place to learn more about real estate investing!

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @Logan Aldinger

    It’s nice to have you on Bigger Pockets!

    Make sure you check out all that this site has to offer for members.

    There are some great discounts on many products and services offered as Perks to BP members that you might want to check out: https://www.biggerpockets.com/perks/pro

  • Darson GranthamBusiness Member
    Realtor · Des Moines · Member since 2018 · 304 posts · 253 votes
    4y

    Hi @Logan Aldinger congrats on the research and now taking the next step!!  There is an eastern Iowa meetup that I'd highly recommend attending.  I'm not sure if they are in person yet, but they have a really good turnout each month.  From there, get cards and contacts and start networking!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.