New Agent in Greater Cleveland Market - Making Connections

New Agent in Greater Cleveland Market - Making Connections

Real Estate Agent · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2021 · 383 posts · 361 votes

Hello all! My name is Shane, I'm a brand new agent who was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio! I am not new to the real estate field though! I've been working for a property manager for the last year and half, learning through software like Appfolio and Showmojo while working on getting my license. I plan on working with residential and investor clients alike, to see how I can learn and use my knowledge in the future. I also would like to say as a resident here, I know a lot about Cleveland. My goal is to one day have some rental properties, of course, and hopefully to help some friends and family invest in real estate to help them increase their wealth along the way. A fun fact about me is that I work out; I love to do it and see the results as I progress! Thanks!

4Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 357 posts · 259 votes
4y

@Shane Kelly

Welcome to BP and best of luck in your real estate investing!

There are tons of advantages to being a realtor while being an investor. I got my license because I wanted to expedite my learning by going through real estate transactions. I also wanted to learn as much as I could in regards to multi-family investing. After I passed my test I signed on with an investment-minded company that specialized in multi-family properties and owned a property management company. Essentially, I was getting paid for real-world experience that I really desired and could use down the road when I wanted to house hack and own a portfolio of rentals. I was getting paid to learn what I wanted to learn in order to achieve my goals!

MLS access is wonderful, but another huge advantage of having your license is being able to roll your commissions into the downpayment of a property. Yes, you can roll your (whatever percentage) commission you get from the deal into your down payment. So if you're going to house hack with an FHA loan, you won't have to bring the full 3.5 percent down to the closing table!

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nicholas MischPro Member
    Investor · Broadview Hts, OH · Member since 2016 · 310 posts · 280 votes
    4y

    Hey Shane and congrats on getting your license. I 100% believe that we go further, faster, together so If I can ever be of any help or advice please don't hesitate to reach out. 

  • Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2021 · 504 posts · 282 votes
    4y

    Congratulations Shane! 

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    That is a great goal, Shane! Wishing you the best and plenty of success on your real estate journey!

  • Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Congrats on your license, Shane!! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    4y

    @Shane Kelly Congratulations on getting your license Shane! Best of luck!!

  • Realtor · Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 357 posts · 259 votes
    4y

    @Shane Kelly

    Welcome to BP and best of luck in your real estate investing!

    There are tons of advantages to being a realtor while being an investor. I got my license because I wanted to expedite my learning by going through real estate transactions. I also wanted to learn as much as I could in regards to multi-family investing. After I passed my test I signed on with an investment-minded company that specialized in multi-family properties and owned a property management company. Essentially, I was getting paid for real-world experience that I really desired and could use down the road when I wanted to house hack and own a portfolio of rentals. I was getting paid to learn what I wanted to learn in order to achieve my goals!

    MLS access is wonderful, but another huge advantage of having your license is being able to roll your commissions into the downpayment of a property. Yes, you can roll your (whatever percentage) commission you get from the deal into your down payment. So if you're going to house hack with an FHA loan, you won't have to bring the full 3.5 percent down to the closing table!

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @Shane Kelly

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    This is a great place to learn and network.

    The site has quite a few tools that can be helpful for new members. For example, if you are looking to connect with other members near you, want to learn from people in a specific area you’d like to invest in, or have a desire to find people interested in certain topics, you could use the search feature here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.