Newbie from Killeen, Texas. Very excited about BiggerPockets

Newbie from Killeen, Texas. Very excited about BiggerPockets

Killeen, TX · Member since 2013 · 32 posts · 4 votes

Hello, my name is Pedro and I cant believe I have not stumbled across this site earlier. I was born in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, but now reside in Killeen, Texas. Im a military veteran who served honorably, and now I want to pursue a career in Real estate. I listen to the podcasts daily, and learn so much from the discussions. Real estate in my opinion, will help me achieve financial independence. I have a passion for real estate and I'm truly dedicated to working hard, learning and sharing the knowledge. Im very excited about meeting and networking with you all, and creating a business plan to achieve my goals.

0Reply
18 views

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Pedro Plencher

    Welcome.Thanks for the service.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Check out the free Bigger Pockets Real Estate Guide http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info.

    Good Luck

    Paul

  • Real Estate Investor · Stuttgart, Germany · Member since 2013 · 40 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    Pedro,

    Welcome! I'm active duty myself, and I wish I had started in real estate much earlier as well. The good thing is, there is still time, regardless of your age. So get to it!

    This website is a treasure trove of information. All the best on your RE adventure.

    David

  • Killeen, TX · Member since 2013 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    Thank you for the warm welcome @PaulTimmins

  • Killeen, TX · Member since 2013 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    David,

    I wish I would've started earlier as well, but the good thing is--as you mentioned--there is still time left. Thank you @DavidJayne

  • Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets @Pedro Plencher. Thanks for your service by the way!

    REI is definitely my path to financial independence. I've set clear, measurable goals to be free, you can see them in my profile. It's do-able for those that actually do it, if you catch my drift.

    What investing strategy piques your interest the most so far?

  • Killeen, TX · Member since 2013 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    Thanks for the welcome Mehran K. I will check your profile out, and Im interesting in Wholesaling right now. I want to generate enough for a deposit on 2 multi-family properties. What niche peaks your interest?

  • Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
    12y

    I'm a buy & hold guy. I plan to explore other strategies like wholesaling and flipping once I no longer need to work. Marketing takes time & energy that unfortunately gets depleted at work haha.

  • Investor · Killeen, TX · Member since 2012 · 16 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Hi @Pedro Plencher . Welcome to BP. This site is truly amazing with tons of info. I am actually quite overwhelmed. My home is in Killeen and I currently work in the United Arab Emirates. By the beginning of next year I should be home. My plan is to career change into real estate (real estate agent) and add more rental properties to the portfolio. We should link up in January. Are your tracking the Real Estate Investor meet up in Killeen http://www.meetup.com/Real-Estate-Investors-of-Killeen-Fort-Hood/events/113349312/?gj=wc1c_e&a=wc1c_gnl&rv=wc1c_e ?

  • Killeen, TX · Member since 2013 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    @Brandon Mendoza . Thanks for the warm welcome. I appreciate you reaching out to me. We should definitely should hook up when you get back. I found the REI of killeen and I joined the group. Next luncheon is Oct. 17. See you when you get back. Keep in touch!

  • Real Estate Agent · Keller, TX · Member since 2011 · 133 posts · 11 votes
    12y

    Welcome, @Pedro Plencher so glad you found us. We have a local BiggerPockets meetup group that meets in Irving, Texas. If you would like to attend, join our Facebook page for details and updates about the next meeting and RSVP. Hope to meet you there!

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/DFWBiggerPockets/

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Pedro Plencher! Welcome! Definitely start jumping into the community here! Be sure to read through The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing to help you get started.

    I'm glad you are enjoying the Podcasts!

    Oh- last thing: Have you setup your "Keyword Alerts" yet? If not - definitely add some. I'd recommend adding "Killeen" so you'll be notified when people talk about your local area.

    See you around!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Pedro Plencher! Welcome! Definitely start jumping into the community here! Be sure to read through The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing to help you get started.

    I'm glad you are enjoying the Podcasts!

    Oh- last thing: Have you setup your "Keyword Alerts" yet? If not - definitely add some. I'd recommend adding "Killeen" so you'll be notified when people talk about your local area.

    See you around!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.